Technics MK2 vs M3D

J

jomy

does anybody know what's the difference between the two models...other than that the M3D is newer? Which one is better...? i've heard that the M3D has a little less torque than the MK2...true? untrue? i guess newer isn't necessarily better...but i just wanna hear some opinions...
thanks

basically it's the same TT, the only big diff. is the manual Quartz lock on the M3D...
but what diff. does it make?
go for the M3Ds, they only cost 10$ more...

I have one of each... don't think there is a button for 78 rpm. I personally like the m3d better because there is no quartz lock.

I think u can activate 78 rpm mode by holding the 33 and 45 buttons down when powering on the unit

If you are going to buy an M3D you better buy it now because i read that there is a shortage on them. it said in six months there might be some or none of the M3D.

Okay... I own 2 Mk3d's and unless I'm a HUGE retard, there is no 78 rpm mode. You can try and try and it doesn't play at 78 rpm. And I haven't found it in the owner's manual. I'd just like to dispell that myth.

yea i read that ign review that's why jomy posted this thread. since it doesn't seem like there is a diff we probably will go with the m3d... and since they will be out of stock.

In regards to the link that distinctive posted about the M3D by a guy named "Adam". The guy that wrote that review must have a good idea what his small intestine smells like because he has his head far up his ***. I think he just made stuff up....Refering to this line

>>>Where Technics really messed up, in my opinion, was in changing the motor. Or maybe they didn't change the motor but had to alter something when changing the pitch control, but whatever the change, there's obviously less torque when adjusting the pitch. What does this mean? There's a lag time between when you move the slider and when the platter catches up.<<<

There is definately not a different motor and also there is no difference in lag time between the MK2 pitch control and the M3D pitch control (I do have both). In fact, a lot of people are getting the M3D part (the pitch slider without perfect 0) and installing them in their MK2. I'm only writing this response to that review because I would hate for someone to alter their decision to get the MK2 instead of the M3D because of that review. They are both kick *** turntables and are the same in every regard with exception to a couple minor add ons with the M3D.

Adam

To DjKev - The M3D DOES have quartz lock, and there is definitely no 78 RPM button on it. However, there is a 78 RPM button on the SL-1200 MK4 (available only in Japan at this time).

The MKII and M3D are essentially one and the same great table with some small differences.:D:D:D

the 78 RPM suppose to work while holding both 33 and 45 RPM buttons and turning on the TT...
i don't know if this true but who cares! :D

Back