TECHNIC MK 5 or MG 5G?

M5G has tighter "digital" pitch control and clean shiney metallic finish and a blue LED light

phame said:
Yo whats up?

Just wondering if anyone can tell me what exactly is the difference between the Technics Sl-1210 MK5 and the Technics SL-1210 MK5G?

Also what color are the LEDS on the MK5?

On the MK5 it's just a regular light. I got the MK5, kind of wish I had gotten the MK5G for the greater pitch control, but you'll be happy with either.

hmmm..

Well i was using some vestax pdx's before. They are good..but now that i started working at clubs i notice that they all use the technics. So thats why i want to upgrade.

So which would you guys reccomend? Are the MK5G's really worth the extra 150? Because i dont want to buy the MK5's and then regret it later on and have to upgrade to the mk5G's.

Are the features really a big difference?

yeah Technics are nice classic tables - I own vestax and love em to bits but I also wouldn't mind grabbing me a coupla techs just for the sense of history and the sheer classic feel... just like the old mustang cars hehe

add another $150 - just strike a good deal with your salesperson.. maybe get em to bring the price down on other things like carts or HD's... etc's....

if you want to get the mkg get them from audiolines, call a rep and negotiate with them to bring it down to the other price, esp if you buy other stuff with them. I have the mkg and love them, dont regret it at all

Cool thanks for all the help guys. I found a place now which is offering them to me for $549 each. I think thats pretty good as the cheapes i seen the normal MK5's is 449. So its only a $100 difference. Anyone heard of them going for any cheaper then $549 each?

Well no one has any other comments? I guess ill just go for the M5G then. Since the difference is only about $100. Also i dont want to get the mk5's and then later want to upgrade to the mk5g's. So might aswell just buy the top of the line right away...

Last edited by a moderator:
So phame how did you make out?

I was in the same boat about a month ago and ended up getting two new (and now discontinued) 1210MK5's. My 1200's were almost 15 years old and I was getting to the point where it would have been expensive to get them back into shape.

I chose the MK5's because the price was good (450 each), I wanted black techs after 15 years of silver, and I feel at home mixing on them. The M5G's were nice too, but I prefered the black and silver (vs black and gold) theme of the MK5's, and didn't need blue LED's or a +16 pitch range. I'm so happy I got them and I'm sure you are two, let us know.

The M5G's are not gold, they are a glossy black. The gold ones are the anversry edition. For the most part your paying for the looks on the M5G's. There is some diffrence, but nothing really worth it. I got them, and like them, but really no reason to. I am one of those people that likes everything to look nice LOL. I also went with all blue light mod, so didn't matter if they came with the blue pop ups or not.

So the words "Technics, Pitch, etc" on your M5G's is not in gold letters? The one I saw on Display had a speckled black finish, with gold lettering. Not as gold as the anniversary edition, but gold nonetheless.

PLATINE+VINYLE+TECHNICS+SL+1210+M5G.JPG

Anniversary

tec07019stor.jpg

Back