tables/mixer overall setup

P

pcabuser

I finally found djheaven!! this site kicks ***! i've been searching the net for about a week trying to find a site like this. I'm looking to get setup, I need some opinions to help a newcomer.

If I'm gonna be "bedroom mixin" do I need an amp?if yes will a homestereo connect and work good enough?

I need some opinions I've been searching for tables/mixer all over the net, I know i need Direct Drive tables, how about geminis XL500's? any suggestions for a newcomers first set of tables? My budget is tight, but who's isn't?
I'm trying to find used tables but it isn't looking to good,any help?

As far as a first mixer I see these "scratchmixers" what's the difference? I listen to house,techno,hip hop,tranz how will my mixer affect the type of music?I guess what I'm saying is i need help with an all around mixer?NumarkDM1001X?VestaxPMC03A?GeminiPmx60(sounds cheezy)?? these are the mixers i found in and around my price range? any suggestions?

Any tips on how to the stuff up or begginers tips?equipment tips? I need any help I can get.
THANKS
ANYONE WITH USED EQUIPMENT PLEASE E-MAIL ME

I just started too. I bought a Numark PhatPak for $600. (www.musicfactory.com has them for $539) Comes with 2 TT-100s, 1001ex (EX because its a mirror finish not black), M1 speakers, and a mic. Its nice so far. Good beginner setup, though I am upgrading the mixer as soon as I can (2002x maybe).

And it will hookup to your stereo just fine.

Verbal

id point u towards a pair of stanton str8-60's with the numark 1001.
u can get the stantons for about 195$ at competitionsound.com
comes with stanton 500 carts.
so totally should work to about 500 $ or so.
send them an email they will be able to give u a better price on it. when i emailed em they quoted 434$ for a pair of stanton 60's with stanton 520sk carts and an extra set of stylii and shipping to new haven.
which i though was a pretty good deal.
u can hook it all up to ur home system

Back