STR8-80 or a s-tonearm....???

D

DJ Bite Size

Ive been debating for the past month about getting the STR8-80s, im more of a mix DJ and i really dont want my vinyls to get all screwed up.... knowing that the angle of the cart can damage the vinyl. So if anyone can give me some advice on whether i should settle for the s-shaped tonearm or go with the STR8-80. right now i have about $900 to my name... and thats just for everything and im talking about the mixer and all that other stuff. so i was looking at the platinum pak, but then i figured out about the damaging of the vinyls themselves... so someone help before i buy something that ill regret later...

OK lets clear up a few things
EVERY cart, ON EVERY kind of arm, will screw ur Vinyls...
it's just a matter of how much...
so yes, straight arms will damage ur vinyls faster than an S arm, but it's not THAT BIG diff.

man i am a ttism dj, andmy vinyls have been rocking it for ages!!!!!!!!! no need to scrimp man, they wont hurt your preciouse little 10 dollar peices of wax :D

they will be fine, and if ur a mix dj go the s arm, the straight arm is more for ttism and scratching

I have a str8-80, it it is all you need, man. the amount of wear and tear on your records won't be that much different (not to mention how heavy you set the carts on and what cart you use). The "unskipability" of the straight tonearm is worth it, and I mix more than scratch. Not to mention that they have digital outs and line-ins built in too. Sweet stuff.

The s-shape tonearm is soley a TONAL function, it helps with the sound, freq. response etc. It has NOTHING to do with tracking. Straightarms may be better in a LIVE BAND situation, but I give it only that.

Last year a WMCs Craze blew it up using an s-arm 1200. You be the judge ... is straight better?

Save money buy one 1200, hook up a shitty tabel on the left, save for another. Trust me ... you'll end up buying them sooner or later. There is NOTHING like the Technics.

Back