Stanton Str8-80- Yes or No?

D

DJ Bite Size

I was wondering if anyone has these certain tables and to know what quality they are. Are they a good quality table to get? Im a beginning Dj, so i dont want to spend big bucks yet. Anyone that can help... greatly appreciated.

I hear that there great. I'm planning to by them within the next month. But from what Tricky has told me, there great.

Tricky is gonna kill me for this but from what i hear/read/know the Gemini PT TTs (2400, 2100) are better for plain mixing cos' they got better, stronger motor, and they weight more.
IMO
Gemini = better motor, more torque, more stable platter
Stanton = more "Tricky" (He He), straight arm, better for scratchig and tricks

:D

Dude, I love this deck, especially for for the price. Its not quite as strong as the 1200 in the torque department , but for mixing on a budget, they can't be beat. I'd call them, midrange decks, just becasue they aren't all out like more expensive decks(TT2s, 1200s, PDX2000s, PT2400s) they don't stop on you like lesser models (any other Numark, other Stantons, or Geminis).

I believe if you have the money to get them...get them. When I was first buying tables I had a 475 dollar budget(I needed the other money for vinyl)I settled with the Numark battlepak2 which has proved to be decent enough to start. I got it for 410..they have a straight arm which is useful.....by the way where has tricky gone?

It all comes down to this, the torque on the stanton str8-80 is not as strong as the 1200 but it is a great table at a good price, I really like the Stanton, and at that price range you cant beat them.

PS: I havent tried the new Gemini (PT2400/2100) yet, so i cant tell you how they compare to the stanton 8-80

I got a pair of str8-80's and for learning on, etc. they seem to work great. I don't have anything to compare to though...

For the price they work great.

/.v

Ok im here :) sorry for my absence. Well the str8-80's are a nice set of decks :D I can beatmatch and cut it up equally well. Like angelic said the 2100's might be a bit better if ur just a plain mixologist. If ur a turntablist go with the 8-80's or wait for the forecasted "1200 killer" the str8-100. specs on it as they are released :)

Tricky said:
or wait for the forecasted "1200 killer" the str8-100. specs on it as they are released :)

Ok, the Stanton str8-100 will be some good TT's. But Personally I can't believe the str8-100 will be a 1200 killer. For me a Technics killer should be a TT that's performs better than the 1200. Not a TT's that's the same but cheaper. That's no killer that's a bargain. And even so Clubs will still buy Technics.

Back