Spindle hole too big

V

verbal

Anybody know any good ways to fix spindle holes that are too big? I was told one good way...hold the record vertically, put a drop of superglue in the hole, then rotate the record around so the bead of superglue rolls around the whole and covers the whole thing and wait for it to dry. Sounds like a great idea, but I'm asking before I do it cause I don't want to get my spindle all gross and I really don't want to ruin the record. Anybody try this or have any other ideas?

Verbal

How can the spindle hole be too big?? :confused: I have never seen a question like this before, I agree some holes are bigger then others but for the most part there's a standard in the size. I personally wouldn't recommend going and stickin super glue on any records. You're asking for trouble. Not only that but I assume this stuff will eventually start to melt off with friction and then yo got a ****ed up spindle on the platter and a **** record. Try what funtekk said, if not maybe a small piece of foam rather then glue. That's just my opinion tho.
good luck.
:cheers:

Why couldn't the spindle hole be too big? Just got a crappy pressing/whole punching thats all. I might try the glue thing..sounds like it might work well. I'll try it with a garbage record first though..

Verbal

the superglue idea just sound kinda not to good for my records if i **** up when doing it. just get to pieces of tape and tape them over each side of the hole and then punch or make a hole as big as you need. this is one way that i was shown by some dude and it worked for him. personally i wouldnt trust glue anywhere near my tabls or vinyl.

Two decent solutions
a) you know those little sticky circle thingies, made for fixing the perforator holes of papers? Stick one or two at the opposite side of the one you will play. Then push, the little tape will bend inside the hole and tighten it.

b) do the same with regular scotch tape, best result if you tape two little bits as an X over the hole. Push (this will be harder than with the little rings) and it'll bend into the centerhole and tighten it.

Spindle holes to big

in reply to DJ Kuaz of course it's possible for the spindle holes to be to big or slightly of centre this causes the record to spin incorrectly. Big up to DJ Thy top solution mate!. I have tried the making a cross with thick tape and it works. :monkey:

Last edited by a moderator:
I purchased a DJ scratch album and the hole was drilled a bit to big, when I would scratch it would move a bit and skip because it was loose on the spindle. I put a drop of original Gorilla glue, (which expands), right on the edge of the hole where it was drilled too much, and then waited for it to dry. After it dried, I used a exacto knife and shaved off the excess glue until it fit perfectly. The album fits the spindle and it works great now when I scratch.

Back