song structure....?

S

Sherm

can anyone tell the me the song structure of house or trance style music? Another question, Also if a new sound is intoduced after 32 beats will all the new sounds be introduced or left out on the 64nd beat and so forth? Or does it all vary between beats? Is there also something like an intro, climax, and so forth on a song and is it neccessasy to know that info when mixing a new record in?

Trance music structure... basically... anything goes, as long as changes happen each 32 steps or a multitude of 32...

About the real song structure, it differs... full 12" versions have mostly a pumping beat or some percussion in the beginning to allow you to mix it, then a light break, then a slow buildup to a big break, and then again going straight forward and then a slow decrease but keeping percussion in to easily mix with your next record...

Radio edits mostly have break at the beginning, buildup and another big break, straight forward and wind down... in about 3m20...

But there's trance and trance... Progressive trance tends to take it slowly, while eurodance tends to have as much big breaks and high buildups...

So that explains why i'm not that fond of eurodance: i get sick of all that going up and coming down ;)

composing trance

Hello

Good topic this, I don't know if this is the right Forum.. but I have some questions.

I want to make uncommersial/minimalistic/acid/hard -trance but sometimes it sounds to repetetive. How long should the parts be?

How do I do to make a good "middle-play"/break ??

How fast can it be (in bpm)? what is the most perfect bpm for trance.??

Thank you for your ideas, take care!!

Dunno who said it, but there was a dj that said that the best rhythm to have everyone going through the whole night is 137bpm... Slower, you'll get people bored, and faster you'll get people tired... :)

Back