Slammin

I slam traxx in from time to time.........I wouldn't really recommend doing this too often tho as people like to hear nice long mixes..............not only that but it makes people doubt the skills of the DJ if all he/she does is slam in every trak..........it's a nice weapon to have, just like an effex unit tho people do tend to ever kill it. :)

I reckon it's a good way to keep a techno set moving quickly. Especially when the tune's gonna get boring soon.

:confused: im assuming that means dropping in a track really quickly in the middle of another song. the only time i have done this, the new track was WAY too loud, and made everyone jump about a foot in the air. I think i will practice this a little more now.

you can really make it work for you in house music. Look at Bad Boy Bill, Richard Humpty Vision, or any of the other djs with more that 40 tracks on there mix cds.
Now thats slammin.

Curious????

What is slamming???

Is that just cutting in and out during a mix?

Eternal

It works really nice for hip hop, esp. old school stuff. People love to hear little bits of nostalgic type tracks. Its also central to beat juggling. Definitely a good tech to learn for any genre; i saw a jungle DJ last night slammin mixes left and right, and it sounded really good. Not something you want to do every time, though. People might start to think you can't match a beat.

Back