Review: agiprodj.com order placed, time will tell..

setbak

Hey all,
Seeing as there has been so much debate recently about which online stores are good and which arent and seeing as ive just placed my order i have decided i'll post here on futureproducers for all the prospective buyers out there and (hopefully) confirm the good things ive heard about agiprodj.com (the store which i have chosen after many countless hours of browsing past posts, comparing prices, reading reviews and speaking to different ppl).

From what i can gather this is a first so i hope it proves useful. Im sick of reading tiny paragraph reviews of online stores which could easily have just been created by the store themselves to attract prospective customers.

I can tell you now I am in no way affiliated with any of the companys i mention in this post, im just an average joe consumer trying to help shed some light on what can be a smooth, easy process or extremely stressful and costly ordeal.

Once again i hope this proves useful and hope that at the end of it i can still speak about agiprodj in as high regard as i have heard others speak of them. If anyone has any further questions or comments feel free to add to the thread. As i begin this post i vow to take a hit for the team and see this review through to the end regardless of whether i end a happy and satisfied customer or embarrased, bitter and out of pocket (lets just hope for my sake its not the later.. ;]).

background:

Ok, so first things first.. I am from new zealand and am purchasing a rane ttm56 mixer. I have been really sceptical about purchasing things from the internet for a long time and as i said above have spent countless hours (the past few months basically) browsing many sites trying to find the best price from an authorised dealer.

To do this i visited the rane website and using as many googled US zip codes as i could find in conjunction with ranes dealer locator zipcode search spent countless hours finding all the authorized dealers i possibly could that sold online in search of the lowest price in the states for my mixer. interestingly enough i had to keep disconnecting from the net and reconnecting due to rane placing a maximum number of times a dealer information link could be clicked by a specific ip address before giving a msg saying contact rane on some given telephone number.. thank god for my 56k's dynamic ip (meaning each time i reconnected i was given a different ip address thereby bypassing ranes maximum click ban).

am i dedicated.. ? am i obsessed.. ? maybe its a bit of both.. ;]~

the decision:

i narrowed it down to a www.djdeals.com and www.agiprodj.com and i can say with 99.9999% confidence that these two stores have the lowest price out of all the US online stores for the rane ttm56.

I had to email to request the lowest price from both of them and as it turned out agiprodj.com won the battle by $6USD.

They arent allowed to advertise their lowest price due to some manufacturer requirement so out of respect for both companies (and also because i dont understand the reason why they must do this fully) i wont include their prices in this post. I dont really think its vital to the reason behind me writing this in the first place anyway so if your interested you'll have to visit their respective sites and email them yourself.

Apart from the $6USD there was two more reasons that made me decide to use agiprodj. Firstly the fact that they would allow me to pay via creditcard which is much more convenient opposed to a direct wire transfer which djdeals.com requires for internatonal orders.

This method of payment would end up costing me more, an extra $20USD for their bank fees and an extra $25NZD for mine.

The third and main reason that made me choose agiprodj was a great promotional offer that i was also told about in the email giving me their lowest price and that was that they would give me a free gigskin mixer case for making my rane purchase during feb, which i think is a real bonus.

After reading that offer and checking out the gigskin site i was sold and decided to place my order.

the order:

I visited the website and found out that agiprodj doesnt have an online order form which was slightly disappointing. The website has only recently come back online so one may be being created at the moment but we'll have to wait and see about that.

Anyway i sent another email the agiprodj sales person and he replied sending me an order form to fill out which i filled out and faxed back to them. Unfortunately a few of the lines were messed up in the sending of the fax (keep in mind i was sending it all the way from new zealand to oregon in the states) but ive had problems with my fax machine in the past so i wasnt to concerned and decided to just take the initiative to ring them and speak to him personally...

the phone call:

I rang the contact number on the order sheet and the call was answered by a woman who put me onto the sales person i had been dealing with via email.

He was very friendly and after i told him about the extreme difference in price between the mixer in the states and here in nz (which funnly enough is only seperated by an external powersupply, the mixer itself is identical) was surprised and said he was glad they could help, giving me reassurance that i was making a good choice in dealing with them.

He then went on to confirm that the gigskin offer was still available to me and i gave him my credit details and emailed him the confirmation sheet with my order/shipping info, minus the credit card details i had just given him on the phone.

We kept the conversation brief to avoid me racking up a massive bill and finally he told me he would email me with confirmation of my order once it had been processed.

On a side note I would just like to take this opertunity to give all the readers a quick word of advice.. email is NOT secure!

NEVER email anyone your credit card details or ANY information you would not want being made publically available!

email messages are plaintext and can be intercepted at hundreds of places before they reach their destination and if you've emailed someone your credit card details anyone could use them and charge up a storm! Thats is the whole reason why online stores use secure servers for the payment part of the online ordering process.

The main reason why i rung them and spoke to the sales rep directly was so I could give him my credit card details without taking that risk.

Treat and think of email as postcard that can be openly read by ANYONE! the price you pay for a phonecall, even if it is half way across the world, is NOTHING compared to what you could be paying if your credit card details fall into the wrong hands. credit card fraud is rife on the internet and is very hard to catch and unfortunatly by the time you've noticed something fishy is going on its already too late.

heed these words and dont become a statistic!

final thoughts:

Anyway thats about as much as i can report so far. I have yet to recieve my order confirmation email but i checked the time i rang and it was around 3:30-4pm friday so its quite likely he would have finished work shortly after my call and unfortunatly their weekend would have just begun so it is unlikely i will hear anything more for a few days.

So far my dealings with agiprodj have been great, their price is the lowest ive seen anywhere, the promotional offer is awesome and after speaking to the sales person he has given me the impression they are genuine and happy to have my business.

I will keep you posted on how my order turns out, i hope that it will continues to go as well as it has so far and to be honest i am confident it will do.

So far the only things negative things i can think of are:

1. the lack of online order system
2. the fact that the sales rep didnt reply to the email i sent him which gave him my order/shipping details stating he had recieved them and would get onto processing my order.

in reality neither of those are big issues at all. a proper online ordering system would have been more practical than the way i had to place my order (and would have saved me an international phone call during peak hours, my off peak would be after they've finished work) but im not to bothered about that seeing as they've said they're giving me a free gigskin which would cost much more than the phone call and as far as the reply confirming his recieving my details goes it just would have been nice to give me piece of mind.

so far so good but time will tell..

ez

Last edited:
OMG, its like me all over agin... from 2 years ago.

Welcome to the board.

whoops, didnt mean to post anything

Last edited by a moderator:
as i suspected i recieved my confirmation info today, tuesday (which is agiprodj's monday). my mixer and gigskin are in the hands of UPS now and its safe to say i cant wait to recieve my package..

agiprodj is definitely living up to all the good stuff that has been said about them!

will post again when my package arrives.. :-)

Last time I checked, Deflation...you can post where you want. Members don't make the rules, the Admin and Mods do. :) Don't worry, Setbak...I'm not bagging on you.

Actually I'm in the same boat as you. Been researching and searching for the best online dealer in the TTM-56. Probably for about 8 or 9 months now. I've narrowed it down to a couple as well. After my income tax check...I hope to have one! :) Hope you enjoy your new mixer!

agiprodj.com is definitely the cheapest, 2nd to djdeals.com like i mentioned above.

trust me dude i spent hours and went thru sooo many zipcodes searching ranes authorized dealer database and the closest to their price was $20USD more than djdeals and $26USD more than agiprodj's.

If u get in b4 the end of feb u might be lucky and get a free gigskin like i have (which is an additional saving in itself).

Who have u narrowed it down too and where are you ordering it from? if you havent got those 2 sites prices i suggest u get them b4 u make ur purchase because id be really suprised if u found an authorized dealer with cheaper prices than they do and make sure u do get it from an authorized dealer otherwise your warranty is void.

setbak said:
agiprodj.com is definitely the cheapest, 2nd to djdeals.com like i mentioned above.

trust me dude i spent hours and went thru sooo many zipcodes searching ranes authorized dealer database and the closest to their price was $20USD more than djdeals and $26USD more than agiprodj's.

If u get in b4 the end of feb u might be lucky and get a free gigskin like i have (which is an additional saving in itself).

Who have u narrowed it down too and where are you ordering it from? if you havent got those 2 sites prices i suggest u get them b4 u make ur purchase because id be really suprised if u found an authorized dealer with cheaper prices than they do and make sure u do get it from an authorized dealer otherwise your warranty is void.

You don't know me, kid. Like I said...I've been researching as well and I'm not trying to burst your bubble...but I found a better deal on the ttm-56(better than agipro and djdeals, it's from an authorized dealer, and shippings free. ...and 1 ;):D

from what site.. ?

im from nz dude id have to pay shipping regardless and as far as bursting my bubble goes im getting it for half of what i would here in nz so u'd have to be getting it a lot cheaper than i have to burst my bubble.. :-)

im still interested to check out the site tho so plz do tell and put your money where your mouth is :P

Alright...I'd like to tell you, but I was told not to be spreading this deal around. I thought I was the only one around here that knew about it but apparently a couple others do as well.

Deflation you know what's up, huh?! :D

I use agipro... there good

resonable prices
good service
fast shipping
friendly staff.

You guys shouldn't be so extremly stingy when buying your gear--these guys have to make a living too--I dont mind spending 10-20 dollars extra if the seller is friendly and reliable.

NickB

freshpow said:
Deflation you know what's up, huh?! :D

Oh yeah baby! I hear that! :)

Nicknack said:
You guys shouldn't be so extremly stingy when buying your gear--these guys have to make a living too--I dont mind spending 10-20 dollars extra if the seller is friendly and reliable.

Very true. But, if the dealer is friendly and reliable, and you find a better price, let them know and if they are what you believe they are, in all likelihood, their price will be lowered, for you personally, or overall for everyone.

Money matters to those of us who have little (not saying that isnt you, but its how I feel)

By the way, ive got to find me a job real soon, these expenses are killing me!

Deflation makes a great point. When you have little money. And I fall under that category for sure. You search for the best price possible. Of course you look out for shady businesses...but if they check out okay and they have rock bottom prices...go for it. :)

just got off my decks and there aint much more that i can say other than f@#k yeaaaah!!!

the mixer is awesome, the gigskin that was part of the give away is awesome, the price was awesome.. ;]~

agiprodj.com fully lived up to their reputation and i will be recommending them to others.

to be honest i cant fault them at all so if any of you out there are umming and arrring about which online store to use if your planning on purchasing your goods off the internet i would definitely say go agiprodj.

Well done guys, keep up the great work! :D

Agiprodj is from all that I've heard probably the best deals and service on the net. It's decision time for me soon. :)

If you don't understand the long term cost savings benifit of maintaining a relationship with a dealership then have fun shopping around for hours everytime you want to buy something...

Almost everyone I deal with will show me the dealer cost of an item and explain what markup they are asking and most are negotiable as far as terms... Not saying that's what AGI does but I trust their prices to be fair to both of us. It doesn't do me any good if my authorized dealership goes out of business in a year because they were low-balling themselves.

Try developing relationships instead of just getting the best short term deals, you aren't doing anyone any favors.

furiouskitten said:
Try developing relationships instead of just getting the best short term deals, you aren't doing anyone any favors.
I understand completely where you're coming from, but please remember that most of us are younger people on shoestring budgets. The words "disposable income" are not in our vocabulary yet, meaning that hours spent finding the best deal are not wasted time for us.

In addition, many of us have grown up in an age where retailers are more interested in filling shelves than helping customers. Have you ever gotten good advice at a Best Buy? Do you feel like the guy at Circuit City is actually taking care of you?

Not until I was 18 did I realize there existed mom & pop, customer service-oriented retail shops out there... places where I wouldn't mind spending extra $$ because I felt I was being taken care of.

Essentially, what I'm saying is that today's younger shoppers haven't grown up exposed to these mom & pop ideals, and have absolutely no problems buying solely on price. This shop where you can pay a premium to deal with a person who sincerely cares about your equipment purchases is a concept completely foreign to many of us.

Yeah...you make a great point. Having someone to get feedback from and talk face to face when something goes wrong with gear is really nice.

On the other hand...some don't have the option of an authorized dealer nearby that we can deal with. So weighing the options between cost and customer service come into play with online dealers. It's a tough decision to make at times.

edit: Looks like drc24 beat me to the punch. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
freshpow said:
Agiprodj is from all that I've heard probably the best deals and service on the net. It's decision time for me soon. :)

you wont regret going agiprodj, i sure havent and i ordered from new zealand.. ;]~

Back