The Qberts are coming, can you keep a secret?

Ortofon Inc

Ok, so it's not going to be much of a secret now. Here's an advance look at the ad that's going to run in July's Remix.
Note that the video clip mentioned at the bottom is not on the site yet.
Also take a look at the output of the new carts and the new packaging at bottom left.
You saw it here first guys and can expect initial store availability here in the U.S. mid July and full availibity in August:

qbert_ad.jpg

Better keep those away from Hi-Fi pre-amps. I don't scratch anymore, but glad to see someone is bothering to innovate...

i thought thud rumble were going to do a third one based on the GT too....?

DJDeflation: I don't have final pricing yet, but they will be positioned below the NightClubs,
and above the Scratch, so approximately $150 f/the Concorde and $99 f/the OM

VinylViking: August f/Norway and rest of Europe

Dippa: GT based model is out.

Pardon my ignorance but whats the difference between the two? Is one for scratching and one mixing?

....me am the thickest

Lavatan, if you mean between the Concorde and OM, it's strictly the way they mount to the TA. The CC is an integrated unit and mounts directly on the TA, the OM mounts to a headshell. That's why the diff in price, otherwise the same.

The concorde fits right onto the tonearm. The OM is mounted on a headshell which allows you to tweak its position/angle to your taste. Apart from that i think they're the same. Many scratch djs using s-shaped tonearms will angle their carts about 23-degrees to the left to increase skip resistance, though this is tough on vinyl..

That's very strange....guess it really is a secret :)

Seriously though, I can see it here on my office pc's and at home.

Try this, it's a straight link : Click here If you can't see it then, then there's probably a problem w/your browser settings.

Last edited:
Hey Frank,

just confirming because I recently bought a pair of elektro om's. If I buy the stylii of these new qberts and place them on my elektro's, it will be exactly the same as if I bought the qbert om's, correct?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Ortofon said:
That's very strange....guess it really is a secret :)

Seriously though, I can see it here on my office pc's and at home.

Try this, it's a straight link : Click here If you can't see it then, then there's probably a problem w/your browser settings.

lol, still cant see it.

Back