Prices on Tech 12's

J

jazzyjud187

What up yall,

I've been spinning for a lil over a year now on a pair of numark pro-tt2's and a vestax pmc170a, and I just think its time to finally go all out (in other words, my tt2's are starting to wear out a lil...) So I've been looking at prices on the beautiful tech 12's...competitionsound.com, 123dj.com, etc. and I just can't seem to find tech 12's for under what my local guitar center sells them for. So I'm wondering, do any of you know any online wholesale sites that sell technics 1200MK2, 1210MK2 or 1200MK3D's for a more resonable price (like a lil over 4 instead of a lil under 5)? I know Technics is almighty and know they have their ish on lockdown but shiz, I need to be able to cover it all on a credit card.

any leads or links or whatever would be sweet. I'm mainly looking for the mk3d's but I dunno, do you guys think it is worth the extra cash over the 1210mk2's???

Peace,

blksqrl
(wmuafm91, ma)

i would think the tt2s would hold up man, why the sudden urge to change, you wont notice an overwhelming difference.

i like the mixer though, same as mine :D

sup

:cheers:

ok heres how she goes!!! 12 are the best, dont think of gettin anyother set of tables!! personally dont spend the extra money on the 3ds and 1210s, honestly get a pair of 1200's mk2s. the diif is only this, the 1210s have a switch under the actuall wheel which letes your 1200 work in another country such as germany!! thats it!! the 3ds dont bother just wasting more money dude!!!

why wasting?
yeah there is no big diff. between MK2 and M3D, but there is not so big diff. in the price, only 10$.... :rolleyes:
i'd say a manual quartz lock and an M3D printed on my TT worth 10$, don't u think?

sup yo

:hello:
im not sure your from but the 1200.com site is american!! so its 449 american man/!!!!!!if your from canada then that should matter!! hehe

peace!!!

prices in Australia

yeah the prices over here are $850 au. So you should be able to get em for about less than half that price. You should atleast be able to find em for $400-450 if you get a decent special. Don't try buying them off the net, you can get atleast $50au off expensive DJ equipment over here by talking the saleman down.
:victory:

Yes, I've noticed the G-Center trend, too.

Can anyone explain why they're able to hack 30 bucks off their "normal" price on "special" occasions instead of advertising at 450 and making bank all year?

What's the bottome line on 12s to all of you?
What would you, could you, should you pay?

As for some of the other e-retail sites posted here - anyone actually successfully received goods from these guys? Without problems? Without damaged decks? Etc.?

(Might be passing my old 12s on to an interested newbie for new 12s instead of refurbishing/rebuildingand would like to know.)

Back