Numark TT100 DD Turntables: Any good?

A

AsidKick

I'm in the market for my first turntable. I was lookin around and it seems that the Numark TT100 is in the right price range and it even has some feature only usualiy available on much more expensive models. Anyone have any advice on the matter?

I bought the Numark Phat Pak which comes with TT-100s. They aren't bad for a beginner. Not bad for mixing. But you definatly can't scratch on them...

Verbal

good tables for mixing, sluggish motor.

however if you want to scratch or would prefer a slightly stronger motor try the stanton str880s (review onthis site if you want to read it). the price of the tt100 + a cartridge is the same as the str880 which comes with a nice cart included. i ended up choosing the 880 over the tt100 when i was lloking to buy my decks as i like the straight arm look and the feel of the tables was a little bit better than the tt100 IMO.

I'd go for the STR8-80's, especially if you plan on scratching. It's impossible to scratch on the TT-100's. After playing on Technics/Vestax, I highly regret blowing my money on the Numarks. They're great for mixing, but if you get good, you'll soon outgrow them like I did. I've only had mine for about 6 months and already I'm itching for Techs. Get the 80's, I say...but if you have the dough, get the Technics. Trust me on this... I'm sure everyone else here on this board can vouch for me on this also. If you have the money and you're serious about DJing, GET TECHNICS 1200's. If you're not sure that DJing is for you, and want to get your feet wet, start out with the STR8-80's...

I just bought the TT100 and I like it. As of now I have one table and I plan on buying another relatively soon. Would it make sense if I bought the Stanton and used it with the Numark? I'm not entirely concerned that the Numark can't scratch well, I'm really just trying to educate myself in the many ways of DJing (like beatmatching). So what do yah think?

don't waste your money........

In a couple of months, after you get beat matching down, you'll be wishing you bought 1200's.

trust me on this........

while it is good to learn on crap decks, it's hard to do anything else on them, for example , making a tape.

you're much better off saving up more and getting some 1200's straight away. While you probably won't notice the difference now, you will after spinning for a while.

buy techs!!!!!

i bought tt100s a little while ago. they're fine for learning on, but already i want better decks. it's true you can't scratch on them, but i wouldn't say they're useless for anything other than mixing. i've put down some decent sessions on tape. the torque isn't great, but i think that if i can mix on these, i can mix on anything. a more important thing is a good mixer. i wouldn't buy the dj package with the tt100s simply because of the mixer quality. try to find a used vestax somewhere. you'll be glad you did.

Everybody always talks about getting the same turntables (like in pairs, e.g, two 1200's). Would it be strange if I had a 1000 sittin next to a TT2?

I ended up keeping the Numark TT100 and I got a great deal on a mint Stanton STR8-80 with an M35X. I've been using them together for almost a week, and I love this setup. I would like to get a better needle on the TT100 though.

I'd reccomend the Stanton 500ALII if you're going to be mixing on the TT100's. I have them for mine, and they work great... the sound quality is excellent and they track pretty well under heavy use...

stanton 500's are pure junk. sound crap track poorly and burn the hell out of your records. go buy a pair of ortofon OM Pro's. theyre the cheapest of the ortofons but still provide kick *** sound and tracking and theyre good on your records.

Back