Numark Battle Pack Help!

B

blessProducer

Hello Homiez!

I'am a producer and not a dj. I wold like to buy two turntables to make some skratch to sample!

Iam interested in Numarks Battle pack!
In the battle pack they give you...

2 x Numark TT1625
Numark DM950

Should i buy this set up!

thanks a lot!
please respond.

simple answer is no.....

if you do a search, you will find that these package set-ups are generally not worth the money -- especially if you are talking about buying new -- if you look around you might find some on willing to give you theirs...... that bad.....

Do not buy any battle packs. They are garbage. Sorry to say, but there is no cheap way to get into DJing. You'd be better off spending that money on quality used equipment.

The motors to those tables are very weak. For scratching you need torque, so that if you hold the record and let go it takes a minimal amount of time to catch up to speed. Those tables are very slow to catch up to speed again, so basically they are worthless.

And the mixer sucks too. Does it even have curve control? I've used two mixers before that were Numarks, and both or them had horrible sound quality. I'm sure the one in the battle pack is just as bad if not worse. You need a mixer with good faders that glide like butter. You just won't get that from a battle pack mixer.

Don't waste your money

Last edited:
Hey Bless,

unless you specifically need a turntable for records, I say you save up & buy a cd player that you can scratch with. CDJ1000's might be too expensive, so maybe a cdj-800 or one of Denon's players(DNS5000 or S3000).

If you do need a turntable & mixer. You should be able to get ONE decent turntable & ONE decent mixer for the price of one of those battle packs. You don't need two decks unless you want to be a dj as well. I don't know what your budget is but be sure to check out one of the low end Numark direct drive turntables. Mixer-wise, let us know what u r willing to spend & then we can recommend mixers.

Also you probably would have gotten more posts if you posted this in the dj hardware board.

Peace

Back