new Pioneer mixer and CD player

The CD player is not exciting at all. I was hoping to see a higher-bitrate audio player, but I guess I will still have to wait.

The mixer looks really neat except for the auto beatmatching part. If that works, then that really sucks. They should have known better...

Wow I am disappointed on both ends. You'd think Pioneer would throw the entry level market a bone and include scratching on that cd player but I guess that would take away from their cdj800 sales.

Also no 909-like touchscreen/fx on the mixer? I guess they don't want to take away from their 909 sales....

The mixer looks amazing to me. Auto-beatmatching? What? Are you referring to the BPM Sync? I love that Pioneer responds to their criticism by releasing a high-end, high-sound quality mixer with no effects and people ***** about it. This is exactly what Pioneer needed, an answer to Allen & Heath to shut up the naysayers. Couple this with an EFX-1000 and the possibilities are unlimited. As for the CDJ, do you really want a crappy "scratch-effect" like other low-end players? Keep the scratching for the vinyl-emulation decks. Remember, this is a $400 player. As for the price on the new mixer, though, yikes!

I can't find it now, maybe I made it up, but I was certain one of the product descriptions said something to the extent of "auto beatmatching through the CD controller". Maybe I am wrong, I hope so.

I would like to know what the inputs for "sound 1" and "sound 2" are. They look like S-Video. Anyone care to explain that one?

Also, no mic pres? Six phono pre-amps? It looks like it will be a really neat mixer. Much much better then their current crop of offerings. I am sure they left effects off to boost sales of the new EFX.

I have nothing bad to say about the mixer until I at least try it, but I was happy to preemptively bash any sort of auto beatmatching feature.

By the way, how much is it going to run for? I have not seen that on any of the information I came across.

my dislike is the awful old style fader caps.

also when are these companies going to learn, put knobs for the master volume controls. theres nothing like really getting into the mix and hitting a loose volume fader alllll the way up!

I am dissappointed by both products; only selling point of the cdj-200 is the pitch resolution, but everybody wants some kind of scratch simulation, even if only for cueing, and saving of cue points today

the djm-1000? I don´t know what to say: there are tons of high quality, non-gimmick 19" mixers on the market; rane mp44, Rodec MX 180/240; Ecler slat and so on... studio style faders? why? no DJ wants them

Yeah, I don't like studio-style faders, either. But those can easily be replaced by paddle faders. Also, there will be a rotary kit available, which personally, I would get.

Price is yet to be determined, but expect retail to be around $2900 US according to Pioneer forums.

Peasant Nikon, the BPM-sync will only work with the current crop of Pioneer CDJs, VDJ, & FX. The signalling is proprietary. Someone will probably reverse-engineer it soon enough, though.

Doesn't set my pants on fire. Still love the Empath, and I certainly wouldn't mind an MP/XP combination for the house, too.

i dunno - that cd player seems right up my alley. scratching is probably the least used feature of my cdj800. i do remember queuing on a cdj100s being a little weird. but having text to help find my way through my burnt cds would be helpful too. if the price point comes down, and they haven't cut up my credit cards, i'll be all over this baby.

That cd player...it looks like a 100 with mp3 support and the 800's beatcutter. Does anyone else notice a resemblance to the Denon 1000's platter? makes me think that maybe they've incorporated scratching on this new Pio deck, but i don't like small platters for queing. There's just something about queing on my 800 with that lcd display in the middle that i feel makes the pio decks so good.

The site said the CDJ 200 will retail at 500; thats how much i found my 800 for, but this will have mp3 support :

I agree with one of the previous posts; i want to see DVD Audio pushed into Digimixing...96khz would be sooo much better than this 44.1 PCM standard.

yeah, but I guess DVD audio isn't yet 'here' to stay...

Meanwhile the Blue Ray Disc will arrive... and audio on BRD's should be more interesting... (even higher than 24-bit / 96 kHz...)

Acidtension said:
yeah, but I guess DVD audio isn't yet 'here' to stay...

Meanwhile the Blue Ray Disc will arrive... and audio on BRD's should be more interesting... (even higher than 24-bit / 96 kHz...)

Good point, I can't wait for blue ray, although i'd like to see what kind of audio it can support.

Peasant Nikon said:
I can't find it now, maybe I made it up, but I was certain one of the product descriptions said something to the extent of "auto beatmatching through the CD controller". Maybe I am wrong, I hope so.

I would like to know what the inputs for "sound 1" and "sound 2" are. They look like S-Video. Anyone care to explain that one?

----------------------------------------
Quote:
what does "A BPM Synchronize Function, which synchronizes the BPMs of all attached equipment such as CDJs and EFX" mean? ?
I have to correct myself. I just found out the BPM sync will work on the new EFX-1000 and FUTURE CDJs. Not the existing. It's a new technology.

----------------------------------------Quote:
will it work with other cd decks/effect processors from different manufacturers?
NO- new patented proprietary technology

http://www.pioneerprodjforums.com/u...59&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=3&vc=1

Last edited:
im sure pioneer has something lined up soon to replace the cdj 1000 mk2's. either some kind on hybrid between the
DVJ-X1 and current CDJ-1000mk2. hopefully something better but we'll see.

Peith said:
That cd player...it looks like a 100 with mp3 support and the 800's beatcutter. Does anyone else notice a resemblance to the Denon 1000's platter? makes me think that maybe they've incorporated scratching on this new Pio deck, but i don't like small platters for queing. There's just something about queing on my 800 with that lcd display in the middle that i feel makes the pio decks so good.

The site said the CDJ 200 will retail at 500; thats how much i found my 800 for, but this will have mp3 support :\

I agree with one of the previous posts; i want to see DVD Audio pushed into Digimixing...96khz would be sooo much better than this 44.1 PCM standard.

i played on this unit at namm. it does not scratch.

Unless this [CDJ200] is replacing the 100, I don't see it being a big seller. I mean, if was a just starting out or on a budget, I'd go for the 100s, if I was a pro, or rich, I'd go for the 800, or 1000 or one of the other 'top' players. Other than MP3 support (any MP3s I have sound rubbish!) have I missed something?
I'm sure it is a good player as players go, just not for me!

The most obvious thing is the pitch resolution. Probably makes it the ideal choice for people wanting to just mix on a budget. I'd be tempted to pick up a pair.

Back