New To DJing? Any Tips?

WXLV

Hey guys I want to get to learn more about DJing and how to be good at it for live and recording purposes. I was wondering if anybody has any suggestions in regards to good programs or things to start out doing? Really appreciate the feedback!

Things to start out doing would be getting something to dj with, aka a midi dj mixer, or CDjs depending on how much you wanna spend. Next would be a software for DJing if you are going to dj with a computer, some good virtual dj software would be NI Tracktor, or Serato.
Then you can watch you tube videos to teach ya, and then apply that stuff to your new gear. Then get good at it.

Hey guys I want to get to learn more about DJing and how to be good at it for live and recording purposes. I was wondering if anybody has any suggestions in regards to good programs or things to start out doing? Really appreciate the feedback!

You need to know how to count music, which is the most essential thing to learn ( beats, bars, phrases, time signatures ). Once you understand how to count music, it will give you a new insight, you will understand the structure of songs.
Look into Traktor Pro 2 for mixing, learn how to create your basic setup, tempo master and sync, then you can get into key detection, harmonic mixing cue points, and effects. The following Youtube Vidflow playlist will give you an overview of all of these.

Keep us posted and if you have any questions, please share them!

All the best,
KJ

Back