new dj here, wouldn't mind some suggestions

T

trinity

heyheyhey!

i've been doing CDs since the beginning of the summer, and i wanted to know if anyone a\has some casual advice for me. i'm new at this...i love doing it for my friends cuz i love to party and to listen to music...
would it be a bad idea to try to get some turntables too? i prolly wouldn't till spring, but i wouldn't mind trying to some of that scratching ****!
but i'm seeing if any of yall out there have some advice for a beginner, ya know, somethin that helped you when you started!
thanks!
~erin ;)

trinity said:
heyheyhey!

i've been doing CDs since the beginning of the summer, and i wanted to know if anyone a\has some casual advice for me. i'm new at this...i love doing it for my friends cuz i love to party and to listen to music...
would it be a bad idea to try to get some turntables too? i prolly wouldn't till spring, but i wouldn't mind trying to some of that scratching ****!
but i'm seeing if any of yall out there have some advice for a beginner, ya know, somethin that helped you when you started!
thanks!
~erin ;)

well erin what you mixing ? if you really want to get your scratch down go ahead and buy you a nice turntable you will not regret it but don't go scratchin all willy nilly like on some cdjs you must respect your needles or buy a **** load of em my homie is goin through the same thing right now he was on cdj 1000 now he whants techs to learn how to get his scratch perfected soooooooooo yeah what the hell do it dawg follow the dream

yeah turntables are so much nicer to use than CD players IMO. Just cant match the feel. Of course there are draw backs, but i think they are drastically outweighed by the postives.

Anyway, what you got for a mixer?
You want a high torque table for scratching.

What do you know, so I'm not telling you stuff you already are knowledgable about...

dj reddy said:
don't go scratchin all willy nilly like on some cdjs you must respect your needles or buy a **** load of em

Well, actually, you wont have to change needles but once every 6 months, and that depends on how much you use them and how you use them.

i agree with you deflatin as that is the general rule of thumb, but as you said it depends on how much and how you use the needles, and if you used them all 'willy nilly' you'd prob have to replace them sooner lol

Back