(need advice?)Dj2000 or denon and external fx

A

Aaron Castal

Hey guys Ive decided to sell my car to buy myself a decent dj studio, I want ger that I wont need to change for at least 8 years, so I ve decided about the technics but I cant decide about the mixer I dont know whats better a roland dj 2000 or a denon dnx400 or rane mp44 with external effects i dont know about the rane because its really expensive, But i dont know whats better the roland or buying external fx what i dont know if its possible, its if I choose the denon if i can also select between differne channels wher I want the effects to be applied, and if its possible to plug 2 or 3 different effects units and play with them between differnet channles and the differnet fx units(i was thinking in electrix) Need your help guys yore the experts.

THANKS A LOT

GO WITH THE ROLAND!

That mixer is as hot as they come. Along with the Pioneer DJM-600, that Roland is sick as ****.

I've used it a few times and there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with it at all. It's totally clean sounding and effects are gr8. If i sold my car, thats what i would get.

peace
-DiGiTaL MaYHeM CreW (WPB)

I'd go with the Rane and extrenal FX, but that's just me. More flexible, IMO.

Aaron Castal said:
....I want ger that I wont need to change for at least 8 years.......
THANKS A LOT

:D:D:D I think you're underestimating yourself here... lol... don't get me wrong, I'm kidding here but dude, 8 yrs is a lot of time. I never felt like trading my Techies since I started DJing in 87 (no one have ever come out w/ something better IMHO) but mixers, they come and go and that's why I say 8 yrs is like forever!!! :p

OK, I got that you want a reliable, high-quality mixer to keep for a long time, and if plain quality is all you want, then the Rane WILL last forever indeed, and the sound Q is awesome. And it's also the most flexible setup, but that can or cannot be to your advantage depending of the use you;re gonna give the setup.

Is it a mixer for just have at home? It may be now but if you're not into gigging at this moment you may be pretty soon. Anyway, if it's not an installation mixer that you want, high quality and construction and some extra features like a DSP of some sort or a filter are handy for both nome and occasional gig DJing (get one w/ dedicated booth and rec out!). Sorta "2 in 1", whereas the Ranes are 1 in 1 (a very good 1 actually).

My suggestion is that you go for something in the league of a (going up in Q and $) Vestax, Pio DJM, Roland, Allen&Heath and Rane (the top models considered here in other posts). With exception of the Ranes, all the others have effects and are quite similar in features, channels, built and sound Q.

Good luck ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
hehe maybe I exagereted about the 8 yrs, what I was meaning Its gear that would really last for long and with excellent sound/quality, But why Is the Rane setup more flexible than the roland, is it beacuse I can use the effects with some other gear or why?. Oh my god this is really a hard decision, and it should be a really good one, coz the gear is f#"&ing expensive here in mexico, that rane mp 44 is availabe for something like 1800 us dlls and the roland for 1200-1300 dlls, this stupid taxes anyway , All sugestiones are welcomed, and thanks guys for helping...:
:monkey:
Oh and yes! i play some gigs once in a while if that helps (mobile)
thanks

:D:D I was JK... ;)

The thing is, for some, having dedicated equipment like a mixer or mixing console, added of filters, samplers, effectors and the like in separate units means more flexibility in terms of use. You have more options, more control of the whole and its potential. That's what flexibility means in this case, at least for me. It does indeed, and also means more quality as once you start cramming mixers with these stuff, it's just natural that sound quality, layout clearance and other important issues may (or may not, depending on the case) suffer in various degrees.

On the other side, ain't it flexible enough to have an "all-in-one", if this piece (in the case of a mixer) is to face many different uses? Easy to carry along, easy to handle at home... more flexibility usually means more space taken and more money invested. I for my part like to own nice stuff, quality is always good investment but it does not need to be tops, 'cos as I said I use my own rig to listen and record at home, practice and do occasional gigs. An easy-to-use, good built mixer w/ some handy effects or even a sampler (like the DJM in my case) is more than enough for. And that's what I like most in mixers like the X9 and the bunch.

I could certainly do without it today as I'm playing between 3 and 4 night a week, and the venues already have that stuff, but it's nice to have some at home if you take Djing seriously. If I was to hire my equip to others, or if I was to build a soundsystem for my own bar/club, or if neither space nor money were object I'd search this flexibility myself too. The requirements would certainly change, although you will find for instance many clubs (top clubs even) sporting the DJM, the X9, the Xone62 and the Roland 2000 to name a few that I'd put in this category.

What I mean is, ask yourself what you really need and you may decide better on the compromises that this flexibility or lack of you can take. Some things you don't wanna skip, as you said, so the rest like extra features and all is up to you and you only, ain't it?

:cheers:

Yes its my decision and a very hard one I would say, but thanky you very much now Im thinking more clearly and taking the good and bad point of these mixers, lets see what I choose It´ll be like in a week or so, so thanks you all guys for taking your time to help me out.

LOVE MUSIC; HOUSE MUSIC:monkey: (i love that monkey, its funny) hehe

Back