need 2 know about some school fo dj's

N

new_clear

hi dere dis is dj nm:
want 2 know about some good schools for dj's in london

I suggest you don't go to a school. Borrow/leise some equipment and give it a go for yourself. This way you can find a style and feel of your own.

You can always ask questions to any Dj and also here at this board.
Check out the "Mixing" section!!! ALOT of help there!

Also: Smartiehouse, I think maybe this should be moved to the "mixing" section so that people there will be able to help Dj nm out.

thanx fo ur help.(chriss.)

hi dere,
hey it's like i am already working as a dj in a company called PRIVATE SOCHALAY n v people r creating some un usual sounds ovahere.
basically v people r in 2 drum'n'bass,asian-undaground,nfreestyle.
now a dayz v r mixin some indian calssical soundz with drum'n'bass n very soon v r gonna send a coppy of it 2 few friends of mine in london.
rightnow v r using DENON-2600 N FEW SOFTWARES such as cooledit pro 2000 n feeeew mo.
as iam very good at turntables i wanted 2 learn all the basics of turn-tables n want 2 learn it from head 2 toe.
so if you hav any idea regarding some good school or anything ...........from where i can learn it perfectly,
please help.
P.S. i want 2 learn in london.
dj NM:.

U might want to contact SAE at http://www.sae.edu . They have a dj course in london. I dont have the contact number but u should find it in the site.

Schools

u should really forget schools i am sure a few decent people will show how to dj for free, once u've been shown the basics u will have to learn for ur self nobody can teach how 2 dj, scratching yes u can learn tips and techniques off other but good old basic beat matching is ur own doing if u can't do that then u can't dj.
thats all u have to learn first is how to beat match then u can start learn a few other tricks for others, if ur not prepared to put in the hard work then forget sell ur deck to someone how really wants to learn, this not something that comes over night or can be taught in conventional way
it hardwork and practise that make a good dj nothing else

I wouldn't get so down on school's ade, I mean it can't hurt. I went to a couple DJ classes, and I learned alot of cool tricks. Mind you it was mostly hip hop DJ's so I learned more beat juggling and scratching but all in all it was a good experiance. hehe...the funny part was asking about beat matching and watching the hip hop guys struggle to match when I brought my trance records....:)

Ckerr812 said:
hehe...the funny part was asking about beat matching and watching the hip hop guys struggle to match when I brought my trance records....:)

haha I love that :D

I am not down on them i just think that it's a waste of money that could go on vinyl, i had enough help from friends who could mix but at the end of the day i had to do it for myself.
Help with sratching and tricks like that yeah but for the total beginer they are a waste of money
What hiphop dj that can't beat match!!
Well my friend is hiphop dj and he can mix almost anything
give him my records and he'll play them better than me also we did a trance set once with some of my old records and manage to have better mixes than most of the trance dj's
Also i have friend who is a tech house dj and he can mix almost anything so genre has anything to do with it. its the skill u have.

[Edited by ade on 11-14-2000 at 03:22 PM]

I think I speak for most DJ's out there when I say that these schools can't teach you anything that you can't learn yourself. Just be searching the web you can find loads of helpful resources to help you on your way to becomming a dj.

Learning to dj myself was hard but so much more rewarding. I've even designed my own website which aims to point beginners in the right deirection, tech them the necessry skills and also discuss the multitude of equipment out there. You can check it at http://www.djsource.co.uk

If you are still after schools in the london area then the one that comes to my mind is Point Blank - http://www.point-blank.co.uk

They cover all the necessar mixing, scratching skills with further courses on production and programming. Be sure to search the web though as all this is out there.

Back