infader - dj1000 - xone 02 -smac pro20

C

captdoobij

I know the price ranges from 300 to 600 but if your budget was 600 which one would you choose. Will be mostly used for dnb and scratching.
I already own a filter queen so I don't see much use in buying the roland.

Has anybody found cheaper prices for the xone 02 (600$) and the redsound infader (450$)

without a doubt, the Xone is the best of all 4 and it is the only one of them which was targeted for scratching...
i'll do a lil. search when i'll come back home for a cheaper than 600$ price

It wouldn't be a lot of scratching. Currently I practice for about a half hour every other day. It would be used more for mixing. I know the xone would be fine for mixing too.

How is the crossfader on the ecler smac 20 for scratching?

do i even need to post my answer?

go on, you know the 02 makes sense!!!! :D

The DJ-1000 is discontinued though... is it still available locally?

I dig my Ecler... although I don't have the experience of most of the people on this fourm ;-(

Good Luck :D
Cheers
Greg

At the end of the day you pay for what you get. While the Ecler is a very capable mixer and has all the features you want for a 2(3) channel mixer which would be used for the occasional scratching, the Xone is better in terms of build quality and sound. Having said that, the Xone is double the price so I would expect it to be better! I haven't used the others so can't really comment on them. BW, I have a SMAC PRO 40 and it's damn cool...

I think I am going to get the ecler (pro 20) in the end. It has everything needed and like you mentioned is half the price of the 02, which means that I have that money to spend on vinyl.

DJ 1000 man. I own one and I swear by it. The thing is seriously sweet. Remember, you get a DSP filter/efx section which give many more possibilities to mixing.

Back