Important:Dn-D9000 The First Look!!!!!!! :)

C

captdoobij

Too lazy to think of a new subject :D

Here is the link to it.
http://www.djchat.com/boards/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20800

Post by Sid Vanderpool on the DJchat messageboards (www.djchat.com)

Denon is showing their new breakthrough DN-D9000 Dual CD Player at this year's Winter NAMM Show in Anaheim, CA. This latest in Denon's innovative line of DJ products introduces many proprietary and "world's firsts" for professional CD players. The DN-D9000 builds upon Denon's experience in manufacturing professional DJ oriented equipment, combining practical features and solid performance with several new never before seen functions.

The DN-D9000 features Denon's new ALPHA Track Play/Mode, "a world's first," that allows independent and simultaneous playback of two tracks from the same disc, allowing manual mixing of two tracks (Sub and Main), using only one deck. This new ALPHA track
playback allows for mixing of the Sub and Main tracks, as well as an integrated ALPHA track Pre-Monitoring function for monitoring the Sub track during Main track playback in real-time.

Other world's first's include an A-B Splice function which removes unwanted sections of a track seamlessly on the fly, the ability to create four Hot Start points per drive (Start Point A1, A2, A3 and A4), and the addition of up to 6 Stutter Cue play points. Another exclusive is the inclusion of 2 samplers per drive of the unit (approximately 15 seconds, CD quality). The user is also able to create up to four seamless Loops within a track or disc, which can further be adjusted via the jog wheel during Loop playback.

Denon has included multiple other new features on the DN-D9000 giving the user the ability to control and create new sounds. Besides the full sampling capabilities, the DN-D9000 has a built-in Effector function, providing 6 effects (up to four at a time), including Delay, Flanger, Filter (2 types), and Transform (2 types), all fully interruptable instantaneously using the Effector's Bypass button. Also new is the inclusion of 5 Platter modes: Drag-S, which gradually raises playback speed to normal after playback is stopped; Brake, which gradually lowers playback speed to stop when Pause is pressed; Echo, which repeats and fades last playback sound when Pause is pressed; Reverse, which shifts playback into reverse when the Parameter button is pushed during playback; and Dump, which starts reversed playback for a specified time before returning to normal playback. Furthermore, the DN-D9000 allows for the activation of either the Sampler, Effector, or Scratch effects any time during playback, with the ability to freely move between functions or even combine all 3 at once. New CD player features such as the Auto/Manual BPM Counter, CD-R/CD-RW Disc Playback compatibility, and a new Constant Digital Out function for ensuring full sample frequency output with subcode despite playback speed, round out an impressive feature set for the unit.

The DN-D9000 takes further refinement of Denon-original features, such as digital scratching, to a new level - not only does the unit allow scratching of CD audio in realtime, but Sample audio too may be scratched, with user-chosen directional sound movement (Forward, Reverse, or Both). Denon's new ergonomically designed, large 70mm illuminated jog wheel helps give a more precise scratch and solid feel to the unit, also for use with the Platter Hold function, allowing for extreme pitch bends of ± 100%.

Denon standard functions such as 5,000 assignable Memo points, 25-track user-definable Program play / Random play, and 2 modes of Relay play hold down standard playback functions for the DN-D9000. Further Pitch Control and Pitch Bend ranges give further tweaking of playback audio.

As an added value to the user, and insurance of long-life operation and stability, Denon has also integrated the world's first user-replaceable CD drives into the unit, assuring zero downtime during field service and maintenance for the working DJ. The longevity of the unit is further enhanced via the use of high-performance brushless motors, plus the DN-D9000's inclusion of a newly-designed remote control cable with more robust, self-locking ends. In addition, a Shock-Proof memory of 16 seconds per drive helps ensure uninterrupted playback during the most intense sessions, while the fluorescent tube display with dot matrix text support, combined with illuminated action buttons and drive trays, also provide aesthetically pleasing convenience in low-light situations. 14 customizable Preset functions as well as compatibility with the Fader Start function of Denon's DN-X800 and DN-X400 Pro DJ mixers, as well as compatibility with the DN-X800's X-Effect function, make the DN-D9000 the ultimate Pro DJ Dual CD Player as part of a complete Denon DJ setup.

"The DN-D9000 represents the next generation of DJ products from Denon," states Wayne Dolnick, Director of Marketing/Sales. "Working closely with leading DJ's, our design team has come up with the definitive CD player that provides unparalleled performance night after night. We are very proud of this new piece."

From its beginning in 1910, Denon has become a world leader in the manufacture of high quality audio and audio-video equipment and software products for the entertainment and information industries. The company's professional audio equipment and software products are recognized internationally for their originality and exceptional standards of quality, durability and innovation.

9000.jpg

*Picture also thanks to DJchat.com

Editor- DJzone Information Portal
Writer- Pro Audio Review Magazine
Treasurer of M.E.G.A.
DJchat- Real Networking for Real DJs

Also check out djchat.com while you are at it. Great site Very friendly and helpful people

I apologize if I am not allowed to post this up from djchat.com but if that is the case please pm me and I will delete the post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like the control panel for the Starship Enterprise :D

The layout looks a lot nicer than the 2600. Any word on prices?

Oh my gosh!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

If the release date is soon, I will have to wait for this one.... regardless of the price:D

Anyone know, or have price ideas??

Please, Please, Please keep it in my price range :D

Cheers

Greg

hot dang, that was one ugly muthafitta! The features, however, made me wet my shorts within secs after reading it. when is it out? how much is it? can I have one, mummy, please?

captdoobij said:
the DN-D9000 allows for the activation of either the Sampler, Effector, or Scratch effects any time during playback, with the ability to freely move between functions
;) glad to see they have taken notes since the 2600
this baby looks like a monster, me must try it... seems like Denon is truly taking advantage (as it should be!!) of the digital medium capabilities instead of making it more "vinyl like" (don't get me wrong, vinyl like is cool, but not for 1K per unit :p )

PS
it seems like the pitch resolution remains 0.1% :cry: :cry: :cry:

Last edited:
:eek: Wow. the specs are impressive indeed!

Paulie's gonna have a heart attack :D (well I think he was already aware of it all anyway ...:p )

I'm not concerned w/ the pitch precision but w/ the multitude of features of DN9000 in conjunction with the traditional Denon submenu operation system (and it's crammed w/ tiny buttons this one!).

For me a CD deck like this is more of a production equipment than a DJ tool 'cos as much as I like being creative, innovative and all, the learning curve of this thing is sure steeper than any other deck. Yeah I know, master yer tools, take time to learn, push the boundaries, be unique, etc... :o

It's all fine and cool but up there in the booth, playing live with another 1000 of things going on around you, things are very, VERY different than the calm of a bedroom... but let's wait and see... (no option right???)

:cheers:

PS Not being picky but I'd personally like to see improvements on real CD DJ drags like trays that are always in your way :D:D:D

Last edited by a moderator:
ooooooh

:victory: :dj: :D

Wow that's a bit of a beast.

I cannot wait to get one!!!! (my order's been in since last year)

I wonder how the scratching will be. Apparently spot on.

For what it's worth I gave a bit of feedback (well OK I designed it - it's all my work :rolleyes: ) Seriously, don't get me wrong, I think the thing was finished well before I said anything.

Amongst other things, I said that I have never had a problem keeping mixes together for long periods without touching with the standard 0.1 deviation, so if that still remains, it won't bother me, as for me personally, I have no problem with it.

I also said that the 2600 was a bit daunting for people that rarely use CDs and that the main functions ought to be set out seperately and clearly. I'm glad they realised that.

I had this idea along the lines of the alpha track, but different... I thought of having a single CD player with Ram or a hard drive, where you could put in a CD, it stores the whole lot to memory, and has 2 seperate controls and outputs - thereby allowing for mixing 2 CDs off one player.

I'm looking forward to seing how all the functions work.

One drawback on the 2600 is the shared track/parameter wheel, which occasionally could mean you change tracks mid song instead of adjusting the effects. I hope that this has been rectified, so that no matter what you do, your playing song continues regardless.

That is one seriously kick *** beast. I look at that, like I did the 2600, and think "I am never ever gonna need a new CD player".... but I'll be waiting for the next one in a year or so...

Oh I can't stop thinking about it......

You can copy memory info from a 2600 into it yippeee

The "extreme platter pitch bend" I assume is similar to the American DJ PS1 - which was the only thing I liked about that unit.

Wierd to describe if you've not used it, but you can start a track playing back at -100% pitch, then do a kind of spinforward to increase the playback speed to normal.

Plus of course you can make your Barry White records sound like the smurfs, and boy do I need to do that!

And one more thing (tee hee)

this will either make perfect sense to you, or seem completely stupid and pointless....

With the Alpha track, I wonder whether you can play the same track twice simultaneously....

that's be cool - instant mad loops, flanges and remixing.

yeah baby bring it on

Price?

Release date?

It was to be a 2600F, but I think I should wait?

Hmmmm :D

Re: ooooooh

PaulieUK said:
:victory: :dj: :D

I also said that the 2600 was a bit daunting for people that rarely use CDs and that the main functions ought to be set out seperately and clearly. I'm glad they realised that.

One drawback on the 2600 is the shared track/parameter wheel, which occasionally could mean you change tracks mid song instead of adjusting the effects. I hope that this has been rectified, so that no matter what you do, your playing song continues regardless.

That is one seriously kick *** beast. I look at that, like I did the 2600, and think "I am never ever gonna need a new CD player".... but I'll be waiting for the next one in a year or so...

I like that, really. For me, if Denon sorted out the multisubmenubuttonsharing thing of the 2600F, that's enough to get me in...

Price ?

I've read on DJChat that the street price is to be about $1500...

Pretty High....

If anyone has heard a different price... let us know :D

Cheers
Greg

1.5 K for a double deck of this caliber... although that much is a lot of money anyway you look at it, compared to the 1K unit price for the CDJ1000 (steeper than the ladder of hell IMHO :D:D:D !!!) it's not too much.

Back