im a XFADER KILLER!!!!

G

Golgo 13

what mixer has a crossfader that can handle the abuse i deliver when i skratch? bleeding sux!!!!

Which model of mixer is your victim?

Have you tried cleaning your fader with electrical contact cleaner/lubricant when there blood starts to spill? This usually does the trick.

The Stanton focus fader comes with a life long guarantee (It can't bleed as it uses light instead of a carbon track) and can be fitted to most mixers with a VCA fader function.

Last edited by a moderator:
Which brings me to another point.....a good choice would be a sk2f....i'm gonna get one..but hey if you wanna tinker you can put a focus fader in many other mixers...hey replete I'm not really sure- what's the diff between and optical fader and a focus fader..are they any different at all?

i think "focus fader" is a phrase used by Stanton. its the same an optical fader. my victim was Numark's newly released 3002x. its a really cool mixer, but i dont understand why Numark portrays this as a "skratch mixer". its a very good "dance mixer" with a loose as all heck croosfader, not to mentions a panzy crossfader.

so im going to upgarde my mixer. ive been looking around and i like what i the optical faders have to offer. and i also like the VCA faders on those new UMXs. but whats the better crossfader. Optical vs. VCA? i guess vestax has plenty of nice skratch mixers, but vestax prices are outrageous.

here is the match that i will be pondering in my head for the next 3 weeks:

Numark's SM-3 vs Gemini's UMX-9

i dont know which one to get. it all comes down to the crossfader in my book, and id like to have 3 channels. ive been doing alot of research on the web about these two mixers. then i noticed the Xone 32 mixer by Allen & Heath. i WANT this one, but i cant find a retailer that sells them. so im guessing it will cost me like 1000 bucks.

I too am looking into a new mixer and my top choice right now is Gemini's UMX-9. I am finding that it is really a hard decision... BUT I did go check out that mixer you mentioned (Xone 32)... you can buy it form a UK online store (so you'll have to pay shiping I am sure) for approx. $720.00 USD (the site is in pounds)... here's the site: www.dialsoundlight.com let me know what you get!!! Cheers.

I may sound like a stupid jackass but what the hell does bleeding mean?:confused:

Crackling noise caused by wearing down the carbon track inside the fader.

i see, thats exactly what happened to the rec vol on my tape player. Everytime I change the volume. it goes chsschschsch

bleeding isn't the crackling noise, it's when the sound from one channel "leaks" onto the other channel. like if you had the fader all the way to the left and you could still hear the right channel coming thru.

Yeah that's right. I've had the same Xfader on my Vestax PMC05mk2 since I got it (about a year ago!), it bleeds heaps but I haven't gotten around to replacing it yet.

One way I've been able to stop the bleeding is to get one of those metal twist ties that are covered in plastic (they come with bread or garbage bags. If you stick it in the fader on the side, and then bend it down so that it's not sticking directly up, it stops the fader from reaching all the way across.

You'll find with a fader that bleeds that if you move the fader a millimeter away from the end, it stops. That's what this is for - stopping it reaching the very end. It's not as good as replacing your fader but if you couldn't be bothered it's a very cheap alternative, or a temp fix.

Back