i need turntables!!!!!

T

topdogg1312

im so so so mad....... i asked my parents o get me some tt's for my bday and then they said maybe.....and i was like phat then alll then sudden 2 days lata my dad comes up to me like "son were not gonna get u some turntables maybe next year we already got ur bday planned out for u....... i am so mad.....if any of u guys have any advice then hit me back or if u wanna give me a deal n some tt's ill prob take em for a cheap price.... belt drive drive direct i dont care as long as it has a mixer and cheap ill buy em....... thanx for your help

p.s. pleez help me out if u have any other comments or u wanna send me a price quote....send it to my email: topdogg1312@skateboard.com

Whats the rush???

WAIT WAIT WAIT!!!
If you wanna be a proffsional DJ Don't Comprmize for your equipment.
I can tell you that i didn't had the money for nothing, my bank account was +0. I worked and i made money and i bought my First Technics and now i ordered my second one and i am saving for the Roland dj1000 ( Eh Tricky...Only ROLAND!!) .
Don't buy anything but Technics....
But if you are really want TT's SOOOOO bad and you can't afford Technics buy the Stanton STR-80 .
Its a Good turntable for its price...

Good Luck in your DJ Career!!!

Paztom is right in everypoint. If you want tt's you gotta save up. I know I did. I worked my *** off and saved for ages, and then I got them. Whats the rush? I also asked my parents for a little bit of money or help and I too was mad when they said no.

I also believe that if u gonna get decks probably go direct drive. In the end you'll be sorry for gettin belt driven. But then again if you work hard enough and be patient you could be standing behind your own pair of Technics.

Please remember most of us dj's were in the same shoes as you, we were going crazy for tt's too and most of us all worked hard and eventually bought them.

Happy Saving Dude!

yea don't hurry my friend
i started with my behringer mixer (dx-500), and a second hand gemini cd-9500 pro II cd player. i guess it's 10 years old. then, after about a half a year, i saved money for my first technics, and another half year later, i got my second 1200
i love it
now i'm saving to replace my other equipment, but now there's absolutly no hurry, cause i'm satisfied with the stuff i have. but i become better, and there's always better equipment......

Advice to you my friend:

Do not, I repeat , DO NOT, rely on your parents on buying dj equipment. Djing costs a lot of money and I doubt any sane parent would thousands of dollars for their child. Even the famed reason of wanting to dj as a profession will not work. You'll have to save money as people have said, get a job!..mow lawns!.. but don't resort to crimanalism.

Another thing that works is to impress your parents like getting really good grades or something. that might work..

yeah, totally agree on the saving up and working your *** off part. I'm a full time college student, so money was definately a prob for me. I worked part-time on campus, earning like 8/hr for about 6mths ... and finally now I have just bought a pair of STR8-80's and the Ecler SMAC Pro2 mixer. Building up a decent collection of vinyl is, of course, another issue :rolleyes:

ok thanx i guess i can wait i just really want some cuz my friend just got new ones that are not the greatest but are good enough for me!! and ive been tryin to make money anyway i can but everytime i get money it ends up beeing spent..... and im old enough to get a job my pops wont let me... because he wants me to keep my grades up and they are up and he wont even give me a chance.....he says you will end up gettin all of the things u need and most of the tbhings u want well i want tts and this j/sux but im gonna wait it out and see what happens ill try to persuade my rents to let me get a job...... thanx for da advice post another lata to help me out....

dude -- take it one step at a time... buying inferior equipment isnt going to take u anywhere in a hurry... i suggest u take time to buying ur gear.. make money and buy as u can... dont sweat it..... DJ is forever ! :D

THESE PEOPLE ARE RIGHT ON THE HEAD

Dude, when i first started turtablism, i wanted tables so bad, and i knew ****. But i did know that i didn't want to spend taht much. I got gemini xl-500's......never again. They fvcking sucked. How are u gonna get good, if ur equipment is holding u back. I got off my lazy *** and worked my *** off for three months and saved up 1400 bucks to get a vestax pmc-06, 2 stanton str8-100, and tons of vinyls, dude, seriously, don't make the same mistake. Save up now, its worth it in the long run:monkey:

My situation Student=Poor, Good Gear=Expensive
There must be loads of dirt cheap decks and mixers haging round people's attics doing nothing. Currently the only deck i have access to is sitting on top of my housemates midi system- ok for taping any vinyl i buy but thats about it.
Now does anybody have any idea how much i should pay second hand for a system that cost a couple of hundred new?
I think i would be better off spending next to nothing on something cheap and nasty so i can at least play my records, build up a collection and see if i want to spend alot more on better gear.
What do other people think?:confused:

yeah, i know

yeah i know its frustrating b/c good gear cost so much. Let me elaborate on what i did, i had to wait a good while to save up. i started working two jobs and i am a college student as well. just so i can get the money. so if u want them enough, u can get them it just gotta work for em. but you know that

Do what I did: take one step at a time. I had no gear whatsoever when I started out, just a simple hifi. Then a friend of mine sold a little Vestax mixer to me for cheap, and I hooked up my hifi-CD and a little portable CD to it and played around with that for a while. I saved up some money and got my first 1210, hooked that up and played with that for a couple of months, until I'd saved up enough to get my second 1210. A few months more of saving and I got myself a new, better mixer. All in all, it's gotta have taken me about a year and a half to get my stuff in order, but it's been well worth it. I now have solid gear that I feel have been wisely spent, and I have no regrets at all. At least I'm not stuck with a bunch of sh!t that I'd have to pay to get rid of.

Choose Wisely

Everyone is defenitely right on the money. There is no point in spending money on useless equiptment. However, im not gonna tell you to save ang get Techs. There are a variety of newer turntables on the market that are comparable to technics. If you are looking for a good value TT, check out the Str8-80, Gemini SA-2400, or maybe the Numark pro TT-2. These are all professional tables that are more affordable than techs. I dont personally like Str8-80's, but who am i to judge. i honestly believe that the Numark pro TT-2 is an amazing turntable. They are a serious rival to the techs without a doubt. I own a pair of 1200 MKII and I enjoy my buddie's TT-2 much more than my techs. Dont get me wrong, Techs still rule the market without a doubt. As far as affordable mixers go, check out the vestax PVC175 or the Stanton RM-3S.
Well, as everyone has said, have fun working hard to buy your equiptment.

You know, the weird thing over here in Sweden is that the price tag on the various brands don't vary too much. The Technics 1210, the Numark TT-2 and the STR8-80 are pretty much the same price, between $490-$550 depending on where you get 'em. The Vestax PDX's and the overrated STR8-100 are about $100-150 more expensive, so over here, the price difference is not what sells it, it's the performance. And so far, I've yet to see anything else than a 1200/1210 at a club. Even those who invest in new gear get Technics, so...

remember ... if u comprimise anyhting ... comprimise the mixer... not the tt's.... new mixers come out all the time....

Another thing that is good about saving up for equipment is that it makes you more determined. I'm sure you know that djing and frustration go hand in hand. I had to work all summer for my stuff ,everytime i couldn't get two songs matched I would keep working at it cause i didn't want all my hardwork during the summer to go to waste.
If you buy crappier equipment youll be more prone to quitting cause you spent less money and put in less man hours for it.

dude i spent my entire summer working at baskin robbins just to save up $$$ for the stuff i have. I know it's not the best ,stanton str8-60s sk-4, gemini cdj10, boss dr-groove dr303 synth, but it feels good to tell ppl i didnt rely on my dad but i worked my *** off just to get this stuff. now i show a greater respect for the profession and equipment than i would of if i had other ppl buy it for me. i still am spoiled but this is the one thing i can show pride for when spinning at friend's partys, etc, everytime i look at this stuff i feel i deserved it and theres no greater satisfaction than bringing stuff to friends parties and enjoying it w/ other ppl. My advice, work at it for yourself than later on you will enjoy it more. :rolleyes: Ok now maybe i should stop thinking bout getting a car for graduation and save for it myself :rolleyes: well i gotta get some sleep 4 class tomarrow peace :hello:

Buying crappy equipment isn't all that bad© I bought a pair of numark tt-100s a year ago and some really cheap mixer that cost $37©00© Sure this cheapo equipment makes it difficult to mix, but after practicing on them long enough that I can do a tight set© When I get behind a pair of technics and a decent mixer, it is extra extra easy©
Sure better equipment is better, but cheap equipment is alright© It makes your skills better than they have to be, that is if you have any©

Back