How to set up a 1210 to a regular mixer

Liet

Crazy Clubber
Damnit. just got me a behringer mx2642 and now there's no more room for my dj mixer... what to do??? :confused:
There's no ground connection on the behringer so all i get is huming from the 1210s... HELP!!!

Try to ground the TT on the chassis of the mixer (unscrew one of the fixation screws of the mixer, and fasten the little fork under there). Works a lot of times.

a preamp is expensive and the gound-on-the-chassis din't work so I'm basically doomed

Last edited:
thanx a bunch m8! I couldnt find any myzelf :monkey:

:cheers:

But what do i do with the ground wire???

Last edited:
This is probably a stupid idea but... you have a DJ mixer alread so why not continue using that and plug the line out into on of the Behringer channels?

I know that some big mixers like this have replaceable channels and you can specify some to include phono preamps. Have you investigated this?

Lastly, even if you're not actively using the DJ mixer then just hide it under the table and run the earth wires to it to get rid of the hum. Waste of a mixer but a short term solution to the hum.

Siv said:
This is probably a stupid idea but... you have a DJ mixer alread so why not continue using that and plug the line out into on of the Behringer channels?

I know that some big mixers like this have replaceable channels and you can specify some to include phono preamps. Have you investigated this?

Lastly, even if you're not actively using the DJ mixer then just hide it under the table and run the earth wires to it to get rid of the hum. Waste of a mixer but a short term solution to the hum.

I'm allready doing this... but I feel a little daft hehe.
Anyway. I'm capable of turning the 1210 through the mixer up to quite audiable level but it simply sounds terrible. Will the phono preamp prevent this?

plain and simply. yes.

i dont think the behringer has phono inputs which means running your turntable straight into one of the input lines will sound mega crap, phono sources require RIAA equalisation to be at line level. phono pre-amps run the signal through that equalisation curve. so it sounds pretty :)

Now all you need is to get the tables grounded. I read that some phono preamps have ground lugs on them so that's one solution.

The other is the following taken from the1200FAQ http://tone.net/tech/1200faq/#6.2 but i didn't understand a word of what he said... maybe it'll help ye...

Nah that solution is only for some mixers that have the ground linked to the negative lead of their output.
The solution just explains how to link the ground to the negative lead internally in the SL. But most mixers don't have that (they have "separate" ground) so it's not adviseable.

If the chassis grounding doesn't work Liet, you'll have to get a preamp that has grounding capabilities.

i bought those angelic linked to and for now I'll use my djmixer as ground until i find a better solution.

but DAMN I'm glad i got those 1210's!!! Yeah! They beat the **** out of my mixing. It's 1+* easier to mix and scratch with somehow. Maybe it's the unrockable platter and the wyld torque.
it takes me ½ the time to beatmatch suddently :D yeah!

Yeah it's difficult to believe if you're starting out with "decent" direct drive decks, that the SL's will still blow them away. It's only if you witness it for yourself that your eyes are open. It almost gives something mystical to his lordship the SL1200

Dj Thy said:
Yeah it's difficult to believe if you're starting out with "decent" direct drive decks, that the SL's will still blow them away. It's only if you witness it for yourself that your eyes are open. It almost gives something mystical to his lordship the SL1200

;)

Back