How much better is Allen & Heath than Ecler?

O

oldskule

Ok, I'm mixer shopping. I thought about a Pioneer, but I'm hearing a lot of good things about both A&H and Ecler. The price tag on the A&H is hefty, but I can afford it if I save up a couple of months. The Ecler looks cool too, but I know nothing about them, and couldn't find much hard detail on the net.
Who's tried both? experiences?

oldskule said:
I can afford it if I save up a couple of months.

smart man. some people just can't wait for the good stuff.

i just wanted to make that point...i own an A&H as everyone knows, but i don't know much about the Elcer offerings. I can personally say that you'd love a Xone. but the other is still up for discussion.

well, what models are you considering? Xone:32 and Smac Pro-30?
i think the main q u should ask ur self is what you look in a mixer? if they both suits ur needs, are you willing to pay the extra $ for the quality? the Xone is defently a higher grade mixer (better build, better sound, and overall, what i like to call, "smooth factor"), and it will last longer... so it's just a matter of what u need...
generally speaking, i think it is always better to pay the extra $ and go for the more expensive stuff

Last edited:
A&H are the Bentleys of the mixer world. They sould lovely, go like stink, are built like tanks and cost a fortune!

Ecler/Pioneer are like BMWs - not cheap, not very expensive but good value for money, good functionality and good performance.

Vestax (in my experience) are like Italian cars - look lovely, perform well but often break down...

Numark are cheap and cheerful - you pay for what you get! (Proton!)

Thanx for the positive plug D.Lee.

Funkmaster, I spin Trance, house and believe it or not 80's.

A.J. probably the xone 62 and the smac 30 or 40?

Siv, well put. My Vestax sure acts like an Italian roadster. Fina baby. Fina.

VP, may they never die......heheh.

Siv said:
A&H are the Bentleys of the mixer world. They sould lovely, go like stink, are built like tanks and cost a fortune!

Ecler/Pioneer are like BMWs - not cheap, not very expensive but good value for money, good functionality and good performance.

Vestax (in my experience) are like Italian cars - look lovely, perform well but often break down...

wow, you are so right.

i guess i've got a big bodied bentley and a ferrari in the garage. hahaha

I don't know if you guys get them out there but the local car make in Malaysia is Proton. They're cheap, get you fine from A to B but are prone to having all sorts of squeaks and rattles generally suggesting that somethings are not tightened. Funny though that most Malaysians just put up with it - squeaks and rattles are all part of owning a Proton.

Just like my Numark...

Now I've got a BMW on the desk and a Proton underneath it. Unfortunately I've also got a Proton sitting in the driveway...

Siv said:

Does this mean stantons are like ford's with expensive bodykits?

How would you classify Turntables?!

Technics are obviously Tanks - No pointless frills, built like a brick sh!t house, & carry alot of power!!!

Vestax would be a range rover - Lots of nice features, well built, sturdy, quality

hmm... anyone else got any comparisons?

OH, and back on topic, save up for the bentley, i mean A&H!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
gemini's are skodas - good cheap underestimated with the piss taken out of them the whole time!

Alex TC said:
Get a DJM600 and never ever look back....;)

NOOOOOOOO ! get the roland dj 2000 ! now thats a kick *** mixer ! ;) :P what do ya say alex? ;)

he he he while ur at it throw in final scratch and some pop corn too !

david lee said:

i think FS would be something of a hybrid car....the gas/electric...hahaha

hmmmmmmmmm interesting point ! wonder if it would even qualify for a car ;) sounds more like a mutant to me ! :D

Back