How to connect it all?

MasseySD

Comuno Domini
Hi,

So, I have a i7 laptop
4 channels analogue mixer Ecler Nuo 4.0 (no USB)
Logitech Z5500.
Esi Audio uDJ6

So, my laptop doesn't have a Mic/Line in.

However, I can use this: https://www.amazon.com/TROND-Extern...ateway&sprefix=trond+external+,aps,509&sr=8-3

And also, My Logitech System has a 3-connection analogue, for sub, rear, and front, and, optical and coax connections.

How do I connect it all?

I am also going to buy a dj headphones, the Sennheiser HD 25 I believe it's called (this in the headphones out of the Ecler Nuo 4.0?)
Yes, I know, that's straightforward, however, I also want to do a bit of producing on this laptop (I have another main laptop for it), so, I connect this other headphones for producing that I have already to the headphones out of the uDJ6?

And I connect the Master or Rec Out of the Ecler Nuo 4.0 to the Mic in (to the adapter I just linked to) of my laptop? And then, how do I connect my Logitech Z5500?
To my USB hub? (With this: HiFimeDIY UX1 ES9023 USB DAC+SPDIF/USB converter)

Or, to the Rec Out, Master out or Booth or whatever it's called of my mixer?

I'll use 2 channels I guess, 2 decks, but that I know how.

It's just that, how to connect my Logitech Z5500 to my mixer, and also, how, at the same time, connect my mixer to my laptop.. With this Master Out and Rec Out thing, I don't quite get it...
(I realize there are optical/coax to RCA adapters...)

I will be using the free DJ Software Mixxx.

Just a note, but, being able to listen to my Logitech Z5500's for producing isn't important. I just want to use this system for djing.

Thanks for reading. And yeah, I know, it's written rather messy, I truly apologize for that. I hope you understand what I need to know.

Cheers,

Best regards,

Stijn

Last edited:
I wonder, is the Master Out to this Mic In adapter, and then this UX1 for my Logitech Z5500 the best way?

But yeah, that Toslink/USB Dac is quite expensive... I rather use a coax or optical to RCA Adapter to my mixer.. but how to connect it?

Edit:

https://www.amazon.com/Signstek-Coaxial-Converter-Convert-Analogue/dp/B00FEDHHKE?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_1

Cheaper than other one.

So basically, this converter for my Logitech Z5500 (I can choose, optical or coaxial) and the Master Out to the Mic In of my laptop? Is that the answer?

Last edited:
Back