Which hand should I use for scratching?

Whichever hand feels natural. There is no definite answer. Some DJs use their dominant hand on the record others do it opposite. Really skilled DJs can use either hand.

I'd recommend practicing both straight from the beginning. As Logistical Styles said, one way may feel more natural. This means that the other way will feel a lot more akward if you don't practice it.

hi there,
there is not such one hand to scratch with, i personally feel more comfortable scratching with the right and holding the fader with the left. But as a good dj you should practice with both hands so that you can easily jump and scratch from one deck to an other. Keep your right and left skills at the same level. If you practice with one hand all the time, in a long run will be much harder to learn on the other side.

Keep practicing anyway!!! :)

There has always been DJ who didn't understand that learning to scratch with one hand hurt them not helped them.
That's not to say they may not be better with one hand but you still need to be able to at a minimal do the basics with both hands so just work on your skills with each hand for the platter and fader.

There has always been DJ who didn't understand that learning to scratch with one hand hurt them not helped them.
Tell that to Q-bert, he's done pretty well for himself and I've never seen a video of him (early 90's dmc excluded) with him touching a record on the right side.

I agree with all the post of learning to scratch on both sides is the way to go but also to be realistic are you going to be cutting it up on the one's and two's in the club with a crate of vinyl? Hell No. So practice the hell out of scratching with the hand that feels natural and when it comes time to switch the tracks to your non "practiced" scratching hand swap the decks on serato or traktor or whatever you use and keep scratching like a badass with your double/triple click chirp flares.

both hands of course!

pretty sure most of the turntable tv vid's have found their way to youtube or vimeo by now...

Q-Berts DIY is pretty comprehensive if a little dated these days...

Back