Got a question for djing on the computer

[sNiFFeR]

ok so i wanna mix through the computer. My question is then, what do I buy so that I use a program through the computer and use the necessary hardware to mix the songs. I kno there's serato but that requires turntables or cdj's. I just want a program installed to the computer and some sort of hardware that i can control the pitch, adjust the speed of the song to beatmatch.

I'll hit you up with the name of the program cuz i dont know the name of it yet i have to ask my cousin, he is a dj in l.a i think but he uses this program that cost like 600 bones,and uses it to mix with his pioneer turn tables, but idk if thats what you wanted.

Last edited by a moderator:
roro said:
Ableton live with other tasty M-Audio products if you wanted to experiment more...

yeah this is what i was looking for, what products do i need?

ive been lookin at the vestax vci-100, anyone have any experience with this?

vci100monomeuv0.jpg

would you guys go with the vestax or the m-audio xponent?

Last edited:
theres quite a few you can choose from, essenially what u need is DJ midi controllers.

- behringer BCD 3000
- m audio xponent
- vestax vci
- hercules dj console

from what i know, the cheapest is the bcd 3000.... its enough for mixing tracks etc.

though from feedback, none of em are good for scratching.

I use the Xponent and Torq. But I think what you really want is MixMeister Fusion. You dont need any other hardware for it.

[sNiFFeR] said:
yeah this is what i was looking for, what products do i need?

ive been lookin at the vestax vci-100, anyone have any experience with this?

vci100monomeuv0.jpg

would you guys go with the vestax or the m-audio xponent?

I was looking at the Vestax, but it depends on what you plan on doing later. If this is just for your bedroom, go wit the X-Session Pro to simply crossfade tracks. Its only $99 at GC. If you plan on going out and doing gigs, then I would say Xponent, because it has a audio interface built in and it is easy to see in the dark. The Vestax has lights also, but then you have to spend $$ for a laptop DJ program.
I love my Xponent, all I need to do a gig now is my laptop and the Xponent and EON15 G2s and I am good. The only downside to it, is you need a mixer if you want to have a mic input.

Last edited:
I've used Traktor 2.5 and now Traktor 3 with M-Audio Firewire Audiophile interface. very low latency.
I think I might switch up and try Deckadance. Just to incorporate my turntables when mixing MP3's.

the only way to really mix well is use turntables (with serato) or at the least use cdj1000 emulators. If you mix using your computer you are gonna hate it.

Back