good mixer for scratching and mixing

W

wunsoong

i currently have a gemini umx7 mixer after previously owning a vestax pmc170. the reason i gave up the vestax was because i was limited to only mixing with that mixer. the umx7 is a good mixer and im looking to get a better one soon. Im currently deciding between the ekler hak 320 or the vestax 07. I need a mixer with 3band eq with a good range, and curve control on the x-fader. Been hearing good things about the ekler hak 320... :monkey:

dont give up vestax if you want a scratch mixer!!!!!!

go for the vestax pmc-06, it is an awesome scratch mixer, possiby in my opinion the best scratch mixer in the world, it doesnt get any better then this baby,

if you want a scratch mixer and dont like this baby, then your ****ing nuts!!!

:D:D

forget vestax, way outdated and overpriced..
whats wrong with your umx-7 i havent used one but they are supposed to be great mixer.. for mixing and scratching the hak 320 and rane ttm54 are the best mixers out there. the hak in most peoples opinion is the best and a little cheaper to.
the 07 is ok, but nothing like the ecler or rane.
vestax aren't a well respected brand right now, the sound quality and longevity of their products isnt up to scratch... oops a nice little pun to end with =)

really? i was under the impression that vestax and very good sound quality and longevity. the umx 7 is a pretty nice mixer, but there are already problems with it after 8 months of use... the 2nd channel gain control can't go as high as the 1st channel, and the cue fader is really staticy and bleeds.

that's too bad. But I say, out of the two you mentioned I'd go for the Ecler even if the PMC07 is nice and looks way better than that german tank.
The Rane TTM54i is prolly the best scratch mixer out there, but it's only a two-band eq on it, so it might not be the best for you.

where are ecler mixers available from on the internet?
I couldn't find anyone selling them when I looked.

Try also checking into the Numark SM series either the SM-2 or SM-3........ these are very very good mixers, specially for the scratch DJ. They come equiped with an optical fader that you are not going to wear out any time soon. I know what people try to say about Numark but these are really good & solid mixers. My friend is a Turn Tablist and has had his for 2 or 3 yrs and hasn't had a single problem with it. Fader still like buttah and ithey got pretty good EQ's. Look into them. :cheers:

thats the thing.. any of the top line mixers from any company are great.. nothing is really going to be a great improvement on what you have got..
the numarks are about equal with the umx-7.. and to be honest the sm-1 is exactly the same but with only 2 channels. everyone i know says the ecler is the best out of all the mixers if you put them all next to each other, but you need to play on them and figure it out. the ecler simply is the best, but personly I'd rather have a rain ttm54i. dont ask me why. but everyone says the eclers better.. but for mixing you simply can get anyhting better. theres even a comparrison at the end of the review.
look here for a non-biased review: http://asisphonics.com/proceedtop.html

Back