Good DJ Software to make Screwed & Chopped tracks on

M

Montega

The subject tells it like it is. I cant find a good software just for that. If you kno 1 holla back at me plz...

any wavform editor really..

slow it down to the desired pitch, then zoom in.. take the first word/ last half bar of a measure, copy it, highlight the bar or beat u wanna replace, delete it and hit paste...

no one said it wasnt going to be tedious..

incase u wanna get that perfect down south djmichalewatts chopp&screw effect, u can screw it after the original song is finnal. all u gotta do is hop on that fruity loops, drag and drop it into the playlist editor, then click on the arrow, u will see a chopp beat menu and click on the one u want, to screw it just use a pitch/time shifter(as seen on every comp program made for djs) and Bingo. u got ure self a chopped and screwed song.

Yeah totally Ableton Live. Theres a zillion ways to do it with this software but i'll only discuss 2 of them right now. I'm assuming that you aren't trying to do this on the fly in a live setting so I won't go into detail on that aspect... but as far as screwing things you've made or downloaded here's the rundown.

To Screw:

1. Load up the mixed down track or mp3 you are trying to screw.
2. Set clip time-stretch properties to "Beats"
3. Make sure the warp markers are set right.
4. Slow the master tempo untill you get the desired speed.
5. Transpose Clip down to the correct pitch.

Next is the chopping bit:

Ableton Live has clip envelopes that allow the user to manipulate certain propeties. One of the envelopes is called "Sample Offset". You can use this envelope to repeat certain beats or measures at any timing you choose. Just draw the envelope over the waveform.

Note: You cannot use clip-offset unless the clip is set to resample using "Beats" mode. Ableton will not allow you to use that feature with re-pitch, complex, tones, or texture timestretching algorythms.

You can chop and screw a whole track in less than it takes to listen to the whole thing. It sounds complicated but it's really just a matter of a few clicks.

OPTION 2:

The other option is to load 2 instances of the the song into two seperate audio channels in "arrange" mode. Make sure your warp makers are correct and then drag them so they are 2/16th's offset of eachother. Hit TAB to switch back ot "session" view and assign seperate crossfader channels to the tracks. Then you just record your automation as as you bounce between both tracks using the crossfader. You can even come back later and edit your automation with envelopes if you messed up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is dj software to make your own screwed and chopped music: go to screwlab.com <--screw and chop your mp3s with your computer - fast and easy visit screwlab for a free demo and mp3s to download

fuquan said:
any wavform editor really..

slow it down to the desired pitch, then zoom in.. take the first word/ last half bar of a measure, copy it, highlight the bar or beat u wanna replace, delete it and hit paste...

no one said it wasnt going to be tedious..
more along the lines of what i was looking for as i dont want to do it on dsoftware as i would like to drop some chopped n screwed **** on my bats but could u reword this sounds a bit messed up firstword last half bar copy n paste on another word lol ?

Evasion said:
more along the lines of what i was looking for as i dont want to do it on dsoftware as i would like to drop some chopped n screwed **** on my bats but could u reword this sounds a bit messed up firstword last half bar copy n paste on another word lol ?
i think what dudes tryna say is you gotta make that **** stutter, like, you know in S&C songs they say **** twice and skips what should have been where the second one is? (im confusin my damn self now...)
ummm, copy a bar, and paste it over the next bar, so the 2nd bar isnt there anymore... i think

Back