Gemini PS-676 PRO 2. Good? Bad?

D

Dj-Me

Does anyone have good or bad stuff to say about this mixer?

<< 3 channel 3 phono, 3 line and 1 mic inputs Built-in 12 second digital sampler w/adjustable pitch True cut feature (-26dB) for bass, mid and high of each channel to create unusual special effects Recessed removable crossfader Beat sync indicators DJ mic Neutrik combo 1/4" or XLR jack Gain controls for each channel Peak hold double function LED meters Talkover Master & balance rotary output controls DJ booth output Cue section BNC gooseneck lamp jack INPUTS: DJ Mic-(1.5mV 2k ohm unbalanced), Phono-(3mV 47k ohm), Line-(150mV 27k ohm) OUTPUTS: Amp/Booth-(0 dB 775 mV 400 ohm), Max-(24V Peak to Peak), Rec-(225mV 5k ohm) GENERAL: Freq. Res.-(20 Hz-20 kHz +/-2 dB), THD-(0.02%), S/N-(better than 80 dB) 10"w x 4.44"h x 12"d (254 x 112 x 305 mm) 7 lbs (3.2 kg) >>

Please let me know.
me

:monkey:

The sampler absolutely sucks, but besides from that it's an OK entry-level mixer. But you'd be a lot better off with the PS626 instead, same mixer, no sh!tty sampler and a bit cheaper.
The Numark 3002 is around the same price bracket and, if you ask me, is a better mixer.

I've owned both..Definately don't reccomend anything, yes anything by gemini...it'll work, but you're much better off getting the numark that mattu reccomended - i had that for months and i never had any problems with it at all..took it to a bunch of parties, scratched and dented - no problems at all....

Why don't you just go for the Gemini UMX series - the mixers are top notch! Maybe even the Ecler smac 20.

-gene

The only problem w/ the 676 is the xfader will wear out in weeks and start bleeding badly. It's repleaceble... but then it's cheap as it gets. I'm not sure but I think you can fit a Glide fader in the 676 and that'd raise the bar. Other than the fader it's a decent entry-level mixer, I like the -32db of cut on the 3-way EQ. But I agree w/ mattu, the Numark is a better choice.

:cheers:

I have the predecessor to the 3002x, the 2002x. I'm not sure how old it is because I bought it used. The audio quality is pretty decent except the phono preamps are sucking now. I'm trying to get a hold of the guy I bought it from to see if he had problems or even used the pre-amps. I'm a EE student so naturally I had to take it apart, and I'm going to rework the preamps. I suspect since its at least a few years old and Numark used cheap components, that I have bleeding capacitors in the preamp circuitry. My parts should be here any minute to verify this. I'm just reworking the whole damn I/O section with better caps and resistors, which definitely won't hurt.

So, basically what I'm getting to is: get the Numark. It might not last more than a year or two but it will be much less trouble than a Gemini and sound better out of the box. And... if you ever need it repaired, see if I'm still around :monkey:

Avoid Gemini products. Even if your just starting out you will eventually want quality gear that performs at a professional level. Gemini is just a way to make quick money off of unsuspecting newbies that don't know any better. Ancient Chinese secret says : Gemini product purchase = Future Regret. :(

Last edited:
I once had a Gemini mixer and I first used some spray to cure a cracking fader problem. But after a week the problem returned. So I went back to the shop for a new fader. Ok, new fader, but after a month the problem returned. By then I knew that spray didn't do anything that good, so I didn't used it anymore. In the end of the story I went back 3 times to get new faders replaced and yes all under warranty, so you guys can imagine how old that mixer was. The end solution to this problem was selling this crap Gemini mixer and getting a good mixer, in my case a Pioneer. Not a single problem since the day I bought it and it is now 3 years old, so it has much more mixing time than that Gemini mixer. That's the difference between a quality product and a cheap product. The first month it seems they work the same, but in de end you see were your money went.

Back