user-friendly... walked you thru
**** in dif't angles... and progressed
in difficulty as you moved along.

I just bought vol 2 so i don't have
it yet.... but i can only assume
it'll be of the same level as vol 1.

QBert makes a great teacher.... even
if it's in video and not in person.

Hey, where you from? i want to get a hold of both theese DVD's but i cant find anywere that ships i the UK !?

damn i could do with a copy of that!!
hhmmm my dads got a dvd burner???

htfr and scenariorecords.com had them last time i looked. i think number 2 is more about dj'in in a band and skratchin in different styles.

I heard it wasnt good for teaching because the vol 2 mostly showed routines and not "how to scratch".

heres wat it says in the thud rumble catalog:

1. dj band

2. performances

3. battles

4. skratch session with f**k loads of dj's i aint heard of.

5. special features trailers, previews etc....

Vol 2 is no where near as educational as Vol 1.

Vol 2 is more of a show case of other DJ's and what they can do. It is entertaining to watch but does not teach you very much.

Highlights of Vol 2 for me where:
- The battle sessions just for the funny ass costumes
- Qberts cousin being really obnoxious while DJ FLare is in the background looking like he is either drunk or stoned off his ass. Hehe
- The Viewer Mail. That chick has huge knockers and she can cut it up really good too! With her hands though..I wish she did it with her boobies :)

HooliganR6 said:

Highlights of Vol 2 for me where:
- The battle sessions just for the funny ass costumes

Q always has funny ass costume **** in his videos....but yeah Vol. 2 is more for showcasing then actualy teaching the scratches

if you join the qbert thing you get stuff way ahead, i got my vol 2 about 3 months ago.. i had no idea that they haven't had a general release yet.

djr-con said:
I heard it wasnt good for teaching because the vol 2 mostly showed routines and not "how to scratch".

well, vol 2 is just that...

vol 2...

so it takes what it's assuming you
learned in vol 1 and applying in
dif't manners....

so, buying vol 2 separately won't
help you much unless you already
know the basics.

dwgmatix said:
let me ask this: can one really learn from a video?

I would say yes...to a point. I unfortunatly live were there are no other DJ's. Well, ones I know of. So the DVD's and online videos are the only things I have to go off of in terms of seeing how certain scratches are done. I still think the best way to learn new stuff is first hand like jamming with other DJ's. But for those of us who do not have that option, DIY Vol 1 is still the best tool IMO.

dwgmatix said:
let me ask this: can one really learn from a video?

i would normally say no.

and i don't know if you've seen the first one, but if you have, you'd notice that the video mimics what a Dj would do in real life if s/he was teaching you... it's actually really good instructional tool.

dif't angles
dif't speeds
dif't levels of difficulty

it really does mimic how a live Dj would teach you... in fact, alot of it felt like my buddy who tried to teach me before... only plus lots of patience.

:)

Back