DJing over a Live Stream

Epsilon-144

Musician and Producer
DJing*** over a livestream...edited the title..

Hey everyone,

i finallllyyyy set up a fully operational live stream. It took a while and quite a bit of equipment, ...but it works! :D If you want to collaborate with me and have your music aired live, I'll be happy to. I'll play anything electronic and kind of experimental but also hip hop beats too.

Here's the trailer (I guess i can call it that...):

Let me know, I think this can grow and give us all an opportunity to rinse out our music on a new/intermediate platform (for right now...-winks-).
We're going all the way!

And if you're interested in how i set everything up, ask away. I'll fill ya in.

Peace.

Last edited:
It needs a little bit of work around the edges and on the motion, but ya its cool! the audio works too

I have direct audio into the video editing software. I made a "multi-output" audio device that send audio information into multiple sources. In my case, audio is being sent to the video editing software, my desktop, and external speakers through an audio interface. The audio interface is also running audio equipment into ableton.

So I have audio and midi information going into ableton. From ableton, it's going into OBS (open source broadcast software). From OBS, it streams live onto anything (Youtube, Twitch, Facebook, etc.)

For the background visuals, I'm using a green screen. OBS lets you chromakey so you can replace anything green with any picture or video.

I need to figure out some sort of system for my DJ controller, and to stream FL as well..

But shit I'm having more trouble than I thought just getting a setup to run my DJ controller with Rekordbox and FL studio at the same time.

I broke my audio interface too so I need to buy a new one. So until I find $800 or so it looks like I'm out of the streaming game anyway -_-

I'm dying to figure out how to set up some type of broadcast like this. I might just have to settle for filming it and adding it all together later for a bit.

Last edited:
Some audio interfaces are $800, but a lot are cheaper. But ya, the interface is a really important part of the set up.

Some audio interfaces are $800, but a lot are cheaper. But ya, the interface is a really important part of the set up.

yeah I'm not even gonna mess around with a cheap one. I'm in it for the long haul. Wish I could realistically think about $1k plus on that piece but even $800 is a little stretch right now. But we gone make it happen! haha

Here's week 1 of the Live Stream broadcast ft. music by Epsilon-144 and Robin Ghosh!
Skip to 5 minutes if you want to skip the sound testing before the show.

Last edited:
Back