Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: delay reverb for vinyl dj mixing

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    hi again Greg , thanks ,yes i am going to have to try some things out , was just apprehensive ,as i have no experience using effects ,but you have provided me with some great info . To use a pedal i think i will need a di box which changes the instrument level to line level ,so much conflicting info on the web ,some say a pedal will work fine without adapter ,others say you need it , its all down to trying it out as you said .Just getting my head around it and you throw in a spring reverb , I WANT ONE ,after listening to some clips on YouTube , where does it end ,anyway thanks again for the info all the best dubpunk66.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dubpunk66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I use a Korg mini kaoss pad 2s. I have it connected to my effect sends on my 2 channel vestax. I use it when I play vinyl or when using cds with my cdjs. Pioneer also makes effect units specifically designed for dj use rmx 500 and rmx 1000. I also considered using guitar pedals but found the mini kaoss instead. Peace be with you..............Rob Mixx

Thanks
    BTW— Great idea!^^^^

I have all of the Kaoss stuff (and for some reason forgot to mention them as options); but I can say they are decently built and work well.

GJ
    Last edited by rhythmgj; 03-18-2019 at 05:18 PM.
    Gregg Juke
    Nocturnal Productions
    The Sonic Vault Recording Studio
    Drum! Magazine Contributor

Thanks
    Many thanks robmixx and rhythmgj , just had a look at the korg mini 2s but i was after more delay, reverb effects as i play a lot of dub techno and reggae , think i am going to get the boss de 20 space echo pedal as i think i have sussed it out as far as connections to my mixer , all the best dubpunk66.
    Last edited by dubpunk66; 03-19-2019 at 02:04 AM.

Thread Information