Cartridges, needles and a mixer!

M

maro

First off...Big ups to onlinedj.com. I'm about to purchase new decks and with great help from this site, I've been able to read some interesting reviews and opinions. FYI- i'm going with MK2's.....

....but I'm not grabbing a package deal...SO..., what can you reccomend as far as needles (scratch?), cartridges and mixers. I'm looking for something in the mid-range/mediocre type arena....Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

one
-maro

A quick message to say THANKS for what you said about onlineDJ.com. I hope to see you in the community, peopel are nice.

Take care man

Ok well as far as needles and mixers go its really a personal opinion !
I would suggest u invest in a good set of needles and mixer. You dont really wanna go changin ur gear frequently !

Different djs prefer different needle designs.
I suggest before u buy em play with them before u decide.
I just ordered a pair of stanton str8-80's with the stanton 520 sk carts (dj craze signature series)
A night club here uses trackmasters but the dj there is thinkin of using the stanton 520sk's he says he likes the sound better on them

Mixers for scratching ! hmmm thats a tough one. really depends on how much mulah u can shell out ! If i had all the money to buy a scratch mixer it would either be the ecler HAk 320 or the Vestax 07 pro (ISP version)

if ur gonna be mixing techno then id suggest u go in for the roland dj 1000 or the infader from red sound.

thanks

Thanks for the quick reply...Imma go peep the specs on the items you mentioned and get back to this post...thanks

cheap idea

Okay..

Here's the idea. I found on 123DJ.com that they have MKll's for $449.00. That's cheap as all hell. Now..if your goto pioneer's site and look up technics, you'll find an area that says local dealers. If you live in the 2-1-5 like I do...the results shows Ciruit City. Well....It's always been circuit Citys deal to beat ANY price listed by(I think) 10%. So in essence I could get 2 new technics for close to 800.00.

That leaves another 200-300 to play with getting a mixer and carts.

Does sound better than hooking up with a used package on Ebay?

Has anyone tried this?

one

Back