Best Vinyl-to-Mp3 (i.e. Serato) Product?

Crown J.

Hey all. I'm now in the market for a vinyl-to-mp3 product like Stanton's Final Scratch or Rane's Serato Scratch Live. My question is, what is the best product out there of this type (I'm not sure of the technical name)? Are there others besides just Final Scratch and Serato? If you were me, what product would you buy (btw it has to work with a Mac and be easy to hookup to club amps and ****)? As far as I understand Serato is the best, but I havn't rlly been following this technology since Serato came out years ago so there could be new and better products on the market now - I don't know, that's why I'm asking!

well i havent really tried any of the other ones but im pretty happy with Serato.

youre making a good choice. i mean nothing beats diggin in crates and what not. but when youre doing a set thats more than 1 hour, you DONT want to lug around a bunch of vinyl. just make sure you get a hard drive that one die on you. that is a SERATO USERS WORST NIGHTMARE. than and your serato box blows out. haha

edit:

oh and a little tip. dont EVER stop digging though. always continue buying vinyl and always by the stuff that you have on your serato on vinyl and bring it with you when you do gigs. what i usually do is keep some vinyl in my car if i do decide to use serato. just in case

Last edited:
I don't have serato or any alternatives but I have followed the release of Torq (m-audio), Numark's software etc waiting to see if any came close. It looks to me that if it's just good reliable skratching/mixing your after then Serato is the way to go, the only one that appears to have come close is mixvibes (some great promo vids on the tube) but they don't cater for us mac users......:-(

Skratchlounge.co.uk has loadsa people using different solutions. Check it out, I'm sure some of their experiences could be helpful.

Peace.

Back