best record bags?

D

dwgmatix

i've been scanning online for record bags (under 50 records) and i remember someone talking about how great the udg ones are. DAMN, those things are ugly AND expensive...but are they the best anyway?

suggestions appreciated.

I got a UDG bag, some boxes, etc, but I keep going back to the first recor bag I ever had. Not flashy, holds EVERYTHING, and no one wants to steal it. I think it is all about what works best for you.

I got a box now that holds a bunch of vinyl plus space for CDs, headphones, carts, etc, and still fits on a plane. I really like it, I just wish I could paint it matte or something.

I bought a UDG "SlantedBag Small" and it has a few flaws: The combination lock for the zipper came without a combination. No biggy. I mean, if a person of low moral fibre is left alone with it I think he'd just steal the whole thing, not rifle through it in search of his own favorites and whatnot. Second flaw, and this is a bit more serious: It's too narrow! I had to remove the side cusions on one side to even fit a record in there without bending it. Now, if packed full it crimps up the edges of the covers. I bought the bag dirt cheap from a store that was going bust, but had I paid full price for it I'd be very dissatisfied. I think next time I'll go for a case on wheels or something. If you want to bring along 50+ records I reckon a soft bag just wont cut it.. I haven't tried the smaller UDG models, but based on my experiences with the brand I'd bring a few records with me to check it out before buying one :)

thanks for the insights. i'm going with basic technics or something similar for half the price.

and yeah, that's a funny thought, some criminal head sitting by my bag, flipping through records like he's digging, trying to decide what's worth stealing. actually, it makes me sick thinking about it, but it's still funny.

dont buy Kases brand bags----they suck balls

my girl bought me one for christmas and the second gig I took it out on the strap broke---it came with a second strap but the hing that clipped on the strap was the part that broke as well.......\

shure or technics will probably get ya by---on the lower end of things (price wise)

I have an esdjco bag that works really well and looks good too. I've been using it just about every day for over a year, haven't had any tears or problems.

I cant believe no one has said milk crates!

For carrying them around when I cant have a milk crate, i just used a regular oversized bookbag. They make nice ones with a sling look now that hold records great. Put a t-shirt or something in there so they dont get all thrown around and your set.

Thats the cheap and easy way at least.

picked up a logo bag from my local record store to support.

right-ski, ski. plainish but solid bag with lots of pockets i won't use plus a few i will and shoulder/back strap option, plus a logo from my local.

Oh! :D Gotcha. Yeah I guess just a plain bag with a few pockets and a simple logo will win over most bags most of the time. Simple design usually does.

Back