best Dj in your eyes?

There is no best DJ. There is only best producer, because Djs are playing and getting comerial by releasing their songs. Of course its difference between 3 month dj and 3 year dj, but there is almost no difference between 1 year dj and 3 year dj, couse if you just learn how to do transitions and som effects, its pretty much all what can dj do, nothink much creative like producer. Thats the reasen why on DJmag top100 there are only famous producers. Everyone can be a good Dj

Honestly, Hardwell is extremely good, no matter what all the haters say.

Additionally, I booked Worthy (one of the label heads of Dirtybird) this year and he was honestly one of the most impressive DJs I've seen to date. Mastered the equipment we provided him, effortlessly used effects, long drawn out mixing. Pretty amazing.

There is no best DJ. There is only best producer, because Djs are playing and getting comerial by releasing their songs. Of course its difference between 3 month dj and 3 year dj, but there is almost no difference between 1 year dj and 3 year dj, couse if you just learn how to do transitions and som effects, its pretty much all what can dj do, nothink much creative like producer. Thats the reasen why on DJmag top100 there are only famous producers. Everyone can be a good Dj

Come again? There's tons of DJs, both in the house world and open format, who don't produce and can rock a crowd better than any of your huge EDM festival "DJs". So many of those cats have been caught faking the funk..."using" equipment that's not plugged in, having a premade mix cd playing while they party like it's 1999, etc. Hell, Swedish House Mafia pretty much came out and said that they don't do anything live because, and I quote, "it would be almost impossible to sync up with the pyrotechnic show".

There's a HUGE difference between a 1 year DJ and a 3 year DJ, unless of course you're talking about people who hit the "sync" button on their controller and only play beatport top 100 tracks. Give 2 DJs 20 tracks and they will mix/blend/scratch the entire set differently. There's no formula for DJing, it's an art. And anyone serious about Djing knows that DJmag is a joke of a list.

Oh and for your "creative" producers, check this out: https://soundcloud.com/daleri/epic-mashleg All songs were taken from the beatport top 100 that you seem to worship.

Sorry for the rant, but when someone calls out DJs as only being able to transition and throw in some effects, I take offense.

of all time i would think DJ Q-Bert probably. im talking about real DJ-ing skills. not producing.
to me scratching and beatjuggling are the hardest thing to do as a DJ. And basically most EDM DJ's don't even have these skills. That djmag list is about EDM producers. not real turntablists

There's only one good DJ ever to walk this Earth, his name was DJ SCREW!

Y'all children need to get your heads straight and realize some white bastard from the suburbs with traktor ain't no goddamn dj, or shuffling through youtube or itunes at a party.

DJ Screw invented a genre of music, he's the realist ever.

All praise to Screw.

DJMag Top 100 is a popularity poll lol They´re not exactly the top 100 best Djs but rather people favorite´s or pretty much good/mainstream producers. In terms of Djing, not producing, i would say i really like Hardwell and Laidback Luke, outside the EDM world i would go to Jazzy Jeff, what a turntablist! Saw a set and some videos of him and i became a fan instantly.

Thank you deeg, when I first read dudes post I felt nauseous lol Jazzy Jeff is my favorite DJ hands down. One of my favorite Dj videos is him and AM shutting it down

DJMag Top 100 is a popularity poll lol They´re not exactly the top 100 best Djs but rather people favorite´s or pretty much good/mainstream producers. In terms of Djing, not producing, i would say i really like Hardwell and Laidback Luke, outside the EDM world i would go to Jazzy Jeff, what a turntablist! Saw a set and some videos of him and i became a fan instantly.

Pretty much

Tiko6. honestly dude....no differance ...who n what do u listen 2.. people who know good djing use technic turntablv vynl not cds there's a reason its been the standard n probly always will it takes skill...hands down best dj for mixing D.A.VE. T.H.E. D.R.M.M.E.R.

Kids these days, SMH! Some software and a sync button does not make you a Dj! Mixing and scratchin, knowing how to read a crowd a rock a party, song selection...that MAKES you a Dj. Lets be real, hip hop birthed the Dj, if you dot recognize jazzy Jeff as one of the greats, you don't know jack bout dj'n period! If you never bought a mixtape that was actually recorded on a cassette tape, you may not be qualified to say what a Dj is. If you ever saw Big Ace (RIP) tower of a set of 1's&2's and keep the dance floor packed the entire night, you may have never seen a "good" Dj in action. Guys like Jam Pony Express was doing the EDM style of sampling, producing, mixing, scratchin, regulating (mc'n) long before half these EDM guys were born. And printing stuff to tape. Now you got microwave DJ's with Traktor that don't even wanna take the time to actually Dj, they wanna drag and drop a bunch of songs and hit export, wishing that the software would make a mix for them. Lazy bastards!
-LevLove

I respectfully disagree with you. If you are a dj and you are not from New jersey and I put you in a club in newark, you will have no clue how to handle a jersey crowd. They are two different arts. You only say producer because you probably only see what is on youtube of slow tech house in boiler room sets with people only 2 stepping. That is not what a club vibe is really like.

Or if you are in New York, you have to know that 35 and older people go to clubs and many are latin and like to hear old school house, freestyle, old school hip hop, as well as the new stuff. I f you don't know how to read the crowd and see that the crowd is older and can't tap into their memories, then yes, you are not a good dj. Dj is not only technical. You think it is only because that is what you see now because clubs have couches where people ares suppose to dance.

Come again? There's tons of DJs, both in the house world and open format, who don't produce and can rock a crowd better than any of your huge EDM festival "DJs". So many of those cats have been caught faking the funk..."using" equipment that's not plugged in, having a premade mix cd playing while they party like it's 1999, etc. Hell, Swedish House Mafia pretty much came out and said that they don't do anything live because, and I quote, "it would be almost impossible to sync up with the pyrotechnic show".

There's a HUGE difference between a 1 year DJ and a 3 year DJ, unless of course you're talking about people who hit the "sync" button on their controller and only play beatport top 100 tracks. Give 2 DJs 20 tracks and they will mix/blend/scratch the entire set differently. There's no formula for DJing, it's an art. And anyone serious about Djing knows that DJmag is a joke of a list.

Oh and for your "creative" producers, check this out: https://soundcloud.com/daleri/epic-mashleg All songs were taken from the beatport top 100 that you seem to worship.

Sorry for the rant, but when someone calls out DJs as only being able to transition and throw in some effects, I take offense.

Boom! Preach on brother, preach on!

the dude posted "best dj in your opinion" why dont you guys just say who you think the best dj is lmfao

the dude posted "best dj in your opinion" why dont you guys just say who you think the best dj is lmfao

Because it will ultimately morph into a discussion and debate as to whether or not the name posted merits recognition. it is not as simple..

There a club djs
battle djs
mobile djs
social djs

He wasn't specific in his question. A scratch battle dj doesn't necessarily translate to being a good nightclub dj.

Last edited:
bun that shit...where else you gonna watch a scratch battle? sunday school? i know maybe the library. wtf is a mobile dj a dj whos bored on the bus playing with an ndroid app no one can hear (if thats the case im the best one of those hand down) social djs...u mean the guys that just do itfor fun nott profesion? ok so yay still djs and if one of those guys is the best you probably wouldnt knw it cuz theyre just a social dj...im not trying to be a ick i just reread how dick like it sounds but its my opinion so im not gonna change it ok...love

Back