best Dj in your eyes?

bun that shit...where else you gonna watch a scratch battle? sunday school? i know maybe the library. wtf is a mobile dj a dj whos bored on the bus playing with an ndroid app no one can hear (if thats the case im the best one of those hand down) social djs...u mean the guys that just do itfor fun nott profesion? ok so yay still djs and if one of those guys is the best you probably wouldnt knw it cuz theyre just a social dj...im not trying to be a ick i just reread how dick like it sounds but its my opinion so im not gonna change it ok...love

I feel you brother and I feel your passion. All love here as well. But as I said, you won't get anything straight on a dj forum lol.

haha dis nigga, dey call me gay boii eva since high school, it's juss da name i earned nd it juss stuck

nd yee skrillex da best hands down

definitely gotta give skrillex nuff respect like....i know a whole bunch of idiot kids that actually turned out ok because there was finally someone to expose them to dubstep...so i tip my hat to skrillex for having a huge role into makin dubstep more mainstream thats for sure....just personally dont really like his music that much lol but if thats what it takes to open kids minds to oter artists and genres then ****in wikkid on him man

definitely gotta give skrillex nuff respect like....i know a whole bunch of idiot kids that actually turned out ok because there was finally someone to expose them to dubstep...so i tip my hat to skrillex for having a huge role into makin dubstep more mainstream thats for sure....just personally dont really like his music that much lol but if thats what it takes to open kids minds to oter artists and genres then ****in wikkid on him man

Real culture talk. Im a fan of yours now.

that came out weird i meant who would you say is your faveorite producer if skrillex is your faveorite dj...and also do you base your answer on skrillexs djing skills and producing skills seperately or are you just die hard all about skrilex ?....**** this keyboard hates me...i do knpw how to type and spel just for the record

i think beatmaking is Hip-Hop's 5th Element. Beatbox some people would say is Hip-Hop's 5th Element but i think basically just every beatmaker/producer is part of Hip-Hop culture just as much as DJ-ing.

Last edited:
I never had the opportunity, but I watched some Noisia's live sets on FabricLive. Those guys really know what they're doing!

If we're talking about who puts on the best show, I'd have to say Porter Robinson. His light show and setlist is amazing in my opinion. But the best DJ skillwise is probably DJ Craze.

If we're talking about who puts on the best show, I'd have to say Porter Robinson. His light show and setlist is amazing in my opinion. But the best DJ skillwise is probably DJ Craze.

Not to knock you, but your first response is the issue with half the people in here. Porter Robinson is a great producer, but take away the pew pew laser beams, the huge stage, and the multimillion dollar production setup, you're left with a dude who uses auto-sync on a lil plastic pioneer midi controller aka a boring show. Maybe I just don't get the whole EDM festival "DJ" thing, but there's tons of house artists out there who actually show up to a gig with a hard drive/cd book full of tracks to actually perform the art of DJing instead of popping in a premade, preplanned, practiced and prepared mix.

It's hard to reserve it to one. I grew up on my Dad's Kid Capri tapes. He just knew what records to play to keep the party jumping. Others are:

Jam Master Jay
Jazzy Jeff
Grandmaster Flash-the father of scratching, mixing two of the same records to extend the break. He was so revolutionary, he's the one who forced mixer manufacturers to include a fader.

Not to knock you, but your first response is the issue with half the people in here. Porter Robinson is a great producer, but take away the pew pew laser beams, the huge stage, and the multimillion dollar production setup, you're left with a dude who uses auto-sync on a lil plastic pioneer midi controller aka a boring show. Maybe I just don't get the whole EDM festival "DJ" thing, but there's tons of house artists out there who actually show up to a gig with a hard drive/cd book full of tracks to actually perform the art of DJing instead of popping in a premade, preplanned, practiced and prepared mix.

I think you've been mislead, because Porter Robinson isn't one of the ones who uses premade mixes. He's even stated in a CNN interview that he improvises almost everything he does up there. I love his sets especially because he goes out of his way to get the most underground stuff possible (while still sounding good) to try and educate the audience. And when you're playing 140 songs a set like he does (all in key) trying to find songs in a book of CDs gets extremely impractical fast.

love how performing the "art of djing" in your opinion includes a "hard drive or cd book" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As far as I'm concerned the dj mag top 100 means nothing in terms of being a skilled dj, or even producing quality music. Like it or not the majority of people who listen to electronic music nowadays are headbanging teenagers looking for a good time at the club, and that's why nearly the entire top 100 is made up of house producers. Popularity contest really. As to who the most skilled dj in my eyes is, I would have to go with either Q-Bert or DJ Kentaro. Beasts of the DMC game. Best producer? I've gotta give it to DJ Krush, DJ Shadow and Amon Tobin. These guys are absolute pioneers of their respective sounds.

I thought MrWonderful was kidding about this Screw guy. Looked him up and he exists, and he's pretty damn legit too.
But the best DJ? That's like picking one topping on a pizza forever. Can't be done.

Back