beatmatching question

flicflac11

how much time do you take to beatmatch? Personnaly I practice since 1 month and I take about 15 sec to find the good speed. and you?

:bat:

The real question is... "Does anybody care?"
Just as long as the mix sounds good dude. You could be the quickest beatmatcher but make the ****tiest mixes.

Peace

DjPlasTech

DjPlasTech said:
The real question is... "Does anybody care?"
Just as long as the mix sounds good dude. You could be the quickest beatmatcher but make the ****tiest mixes.

Peace

DjPlasTech

hahha oh man, hey take it easy on the guy/gal

ok seriously u can beatmatch as fast as u want or slowest, but usually u only have around 30 seconds of time to get the mix to the right speed in live performance

hey boys & girls:.

That's kewl that you can beatmatch under 15 secs... keep it up... don't worry about dj plaster or watever... just keep that motivation of yours up... cos you're one step closer to be a kick *** dj!!!!! Now practice on your mixing and the benefits will come rollin' in: . we need more creative djs....!!!! not the ones that chain the songs together... that's boring!!! 'member that!!! Be creative and don't let anyone tell ya the right way to be a dj... cause there's no real way!!!

See the funky munky!!!
:monkey: :monkey:

Hey i wasn't trying to sound like a dick or anything, all i'm saying is that there is a lot more to mixing than beatmatch, although beatmatching is very important. 15 seconds in one month is killer man, keep it up.

Peace

DjPlasTech

1 month to match beats in 15 seconds....hmmmm

i'm not a believer

and anybody can learn the technical aspects of matching records....but the quality of the tracks, where and how you insert the new track....your mojo...all that plays a much bigger part in the listeners aural pleasure.

sometimes i beatmatch so fast there is a loud boom and my room shakes...

....i am only 9 years old..i have been djing for 3 days....and im def.

how long it takes to beat match is not really important.....

how long you can keep it matched up in the mix is the real important thing......................

FIL

And me?
Oh, it took me, like 1 day and 5 seconds to learn to beatmatch. What the hell is wrong with you? One month, that's weak.
L8,
DJ Imajakkass

ps where do you find good speed? I've been looking forever.

So do you mean in 15 seconds you can have one beat of each record matched for 1 second???

I'm not a believer either, but keep practicing and some day you'll be good...

It doesent matter how long it takes to match the beats anyway, it's how you mix the records that matters..

I take as long as i need to match as closely as possible, some much more than others due to circumstance...

filatlarge said:
how long it takes to beat match is not really important.....

how long you can keep it matched up in the mix is the real important thing......................

FIL

How long should you keep a beat matched. I used to Dj for a college radio station, and the segue would be pretty short from one song to another. i've heard DJs beat match songs for a long, long time (like 5 mins).... does it depend on the songs....

how many records should you spin in one set (say about an hour)???

melkor :bat:

Melkor said:

How long should you keep a beat matched. I used to Dj for a college radio station, and the segue would be pretty short from one song to another. i've heard DJs beat match songs for a long, long time (like 5 mins).... does it depend on the songs....

how many records should you spin in one set (say about an hour)???

Usually for me, 1 hour about 10 records. Depends on your style.

Groovonky said:

Usually for me, 1 hour about 10 records. Depends on your style.

i'm spinning house and deep house... so bout 1 record every six minutes? how long should the mixes be then?

Melkor said:

i'm spinning house and deep house... so bout 1 record every six minutes? how long should the mixes be then?

Depends on the records, my mixes usually last about a minute and a half, some more some less..

i've been trying to beat match instrumental hip hop and hip hop together. hip hop is a *****, it don't know if its the slower bpms or what but i can't seem to keep the beats lined up for any amount of time. my friend does it well so i know its possible but the drums always mess with me

Sorry - had to add to this ammusing thread:

I've been DJ'ing for 8 years and I can beatmatch in 0.0183 seconds.

My secret? Get two copies of the same tune and hit the quartz lock buttons...

beatmatch that mo fo...

Back