Anyone know where I can find info on Numark PPD MMX1000(Urei/Bozak clone)

F

FrankDDR

I have been using it for about 5 years now (after retiring and totally rebuilding my Bozak) and the main outputs just went dead however all the other outputs work fine. I can not find schematics for it anywhere and the Numark tech department denies knowledge it ever made it!! Any help would be appreciated,the mixer looks just like a 1620 except for the following : a small crossfader over the inputs ,three tt inputs ,black caps on the knobs and a led meter over the master ,,crossfader is in same exact place as the Bozak in the pic.
Frank
Plpaudio@ix.netcom.com
Bozak_prototype_1983.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I know exactly which mixer you're referring to, however I think I've only seen one ONCE on Ebay. There seems to exist pretty much no info whatsoever on this mixer, sorry man.

Great,,,just my luck..Yeah I have only seen one other one in about 20 years..There was a vague reference to it in an old DJ Times article.Something about a famous DJ from that time in NY helping to design a custom rotary mixer handbuilt for the PPD section of Numark but they gave no more specifics as far as the model number but I cant imagine Numark making more than one type of Urei copy..The article stated It was never advertised and you had to call them directly,pay up front and wait for it to be made.According to the article only a few were made because of the high cost. Im sure tha fact that it said Numark on it didnt help it sell! The thing is heavy and extremely well built.All balanced,seperate isolation transformers,shielded power supply,individual boards with mostly discrete circuits. Quality wise its components are somewhere between the Urei and the Bozak with the Bozak having a fatter low end and both having better feel in the pots than the Numark.. Dont like the rotary Ranes sound at all..

Last edited by a moderator:
Your only luck might be that I'm aware that Roger Sanchez owns one of those old sods, perhaps you could contact him hehehehehe....

Yeah, it's a great looking mixer, but as you said, it's a Numark...

love to see a picture of it functional or not. bit of a rotary mixer fetishist.....

ts

wave

You should go on www.wavemusic.com
then in Community you got a tech part.
All the guy in this forum have a really deep knowledge of Bozak / Urei... and I'm quite sure they will help you

Peace

Thanks I posted there now too,,hopefully I can get this sorted out.

As for the pics I know I have some already,if I cant find it Ill take some new ones.

can someone suggest a good free picture hosting site ???

I use Yahoo.com/.co.uk lots of free space!
I belive MSN do the same, though I can't vouch for it.

:cool:

Russ

The 2000 is basically the same with an added 3 part eg on all inputs..Its also bigger.The 1000 is the same size as the Bozak..I just bought a 2000 on ebay.Pic below. DjMario also send me the schematics for the 1000 and Im gonna send him my spare Bozak as soon as I get a chance to see what he can do with it. That would give me two Bozaks for the nice stuff and two rotary Numarks for the dirty stuff I dont want to put the Bozaks thru. So hopefully I should be rotary set for a while!
:)
i-1.JPG

FrankDDR.. and/or DJMario.. can one of you send me the schematics for the MMX 1000? I have an output transformer missing and would like the schematic to re-wire/replace/fix/repair my unit. Assuming you get this... please email to me at rerkelens at philosophy communication dot com - Thanks.. Randall 303 956 1123

Back