Advice on getting turntables to use with laptop

mellamayne

I would like to know which kit is the best to start DJing with turntables using a laptop. The traktor starter kit ? or the one that serato offers. Also what kind of mixer would i need to get started? At the moment i DJ with the traktorS2 but i'd like to try vinyl since all im spinning is old school hip-hop and r&b. I've never used vinyl before tho..

If i had the $ i would personally go for traktor over serato. Just personal choice based on my research of the two...any dj/scratch mixer would work as long as it has phono/line inputs and outputs. I think you can connect your turntables to the s2 and use traktor that way 2 vinyl turntables and two cdjs going....but i dont own one so dont take my word on it
Due to budget constraints i use torq connectiv and the torq software for my turntables. Its outdated i know and i cant upgrade to 2.0 but it works for me. (I only cut/scratch on it tho)

Heres my set up:
2 vestax pdt-5000s
Vestax pmc pro II mixer
torq conectiv interface/sundcard
torq 1.5 software

Hi my name is Ray Vella! I am a 14 year old dj from the
Netherlands!I know people don't like these comments but you won't be dissepointed!**I am trying to entertain people with music. I am
going to try to upload every week a new video! Can you guys
please check my channel for my mixes! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!
PS:I just uploaded a new video!!! i would really appreciate it!

realm1537
If i had the $ i would personally go for traktor over serato. Just personal choice based on my research of the two...any dj/scratch mixer would work as long as it has phono/line inputs and outputs. I think you can connect your turntables to the s2 and use traktor that way 2 vinyl turntables and two cdjs going....but i dont own one so dont take my word on it
Due to budget constraints i use torq connectiv and the torq software for my turntables. Its outdated i know and i cant upgrade to 2.0 but it works for me. (I only cut/scratch on it tho)

Heres my set up:
2 vestax pdt-5000s
Vestax pmc pro II mixer
torq conectiv interface/sundcard
torq 1.5 software​
Thnx for your reply, this might be a stupid question but ima ask it anyway. On my S2 i have 2 buttons A and B to load songs onto my decks.. but how would i do this if im using a REAL mixer? like it doesnt have these buttons do i have to do it in the software ?? or...

I use sl1200s and a vestax mixer. I would like to try traktor sometime but I don't want to spend a load of money and be dissapointed.

Getting a message about posting a duplicate thread which is impossible

Back