1200 mk2 discontinued?

i think the m3d is discontinued, but the mk2 (SL1200 MKII) is unlikely to be discontinued during any of our lifetimes.

if anyone knows anything different....man....that would be like a sign of the coming apocalypse, wouldn't it?

what's the reason for m3ds to be discontinued??? I own a pair of those, do I need to get some mk2s or any new model of technics, or I can keep them and don't worry about their value...

The m3ds were discountinued because the mk5s are the same exact thing. The mk2s arent discountinued I dont think but Im about to get a pair of mk2s, lol. peaCe

They will probably never be discontinued. Where did you hear that?

Murderah said:
The m3ds were discountinued because the mk5s are the same exact thing. The mk2s arent discountinued I dont think but Im about to get a pair of mk2s, lol. peaCe

Yea I was wondering about the mk5's. I have the 3d's as well and didn't notice a difference when I was checking out the 5's.

Hey Murderah, try to get the 3d's AT LEAST. mmk2's are dope but I HATE how the pitch control has a notch at 0% and also automatically goes to 0% when you are close to it but not quite at 0% yet.

...maybe you saw a site that had the mk2 "disCOUNTed?" that sounds much more plausible. oh, and from what i understand, you can mod your pitch adj. to not "click" at 0, if you want to go that route.

hmm damn, I had an mk5 brand new but its too much $$ to get another one so I took it back and Im getting two used mk2s for a good price. Yeah I was worried about not having the reset and the click but I also heard alot of people like the click. Also, Qbert and MMM are always using Mk2s. Maybe another reason why some people like them better is that with the mk2s you can put colored covers and they dont make any for m3d or mk5s.

every store in my city doesn't have the mk2 in stock and says that Technics doesn't sell them anymore. Its really to find an mk2 anywhere. Can you refer me to some good online sites?

ninetynine said:
every store in my city doesn't have the mk2 in stock and says that Technics doesn't sell them anymore. Its really to find an mk2 anywhere. Can you refer me to some good online sites?

Depending on your city, there may be a whole bunch of people that wanted to be dj's but couldn't hang. Check your local want ads for great deals, online I check craigslist.org for all my local stuff.

I do recommending going local because shipping on turntables is usually expensive because of weight and if not properly packed, the tonearm can easily become damaged (I know from personal experience.)

Back