SampleTank BATTLE - With a prize!

Who should move on to the final battle? Top two will battle it out for the prize!

• Fardoob

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • 901_Rice_Street

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • [F_or_DEAF]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
there's probably only a hand full of producers that use sampletank on FP...(i'm assuming)

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 AM ----------

bring something using only SampleTank sounds

lemme use Reason (only to sequence) using only SampleTank sounds and i'll get in this tonight before the deadline.

---------- Post added at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

SampleTank sounds are in a format that Reason can read / use...right?

If I could use cubase and export each track, I would have been in most definitely.

i don't see why you couldn't...

isn't that exactly how you would make a beat using your host + SampleTank?

and that's what i'm saying too...but i wanna use Reason as my host and SampleTank sounds...

...i just haven't got the "OK" yet...

The original post states "SampleTank sounds only" so you are good to go. You don't need to export each track using Cubase, by the way - SampleTank is a 16-part multi-out plugin FYI :) But you can, your workflow is your workflow of course.

ok cool.

because it was starting to seem like if you use Reason / Record, then you couldn't participate...because Reason / Record can't use VSTi's.

oh and SampleTank is a VSTi (or AU) or standalone so Reason might not be so easy to use unless you Rewire which would require another DAW anyway and you might as well just use it to do the tracks.

ok Peter...tell me this though.

i don't have a VSTi "host" right now because i just recently sold my mbox 2.

BUT, i have a sampler (SP 606)

is it cool if i just sample the SampleTank Sounds that i want to use, and just import those samples into Reason to sequence?

and when exactly is the deadline?

i'm on Pacific Time meaning it's like 3:00PM as of this post.

(how much time do i have to enter?)

Last edited:
well, i don't really consider it "resampling"...because i'm going S/PDIF out of my PC to S/PDIF in the sampler...

then from the sample Sandisk Compact Flash into Reason 4.

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

if i did choose to use Reaper, could i use Reaper's EFFECTS?

can anybody in the battle use the host's EFFECTS?

of is it SampleTank SOUNDS & EFFECTS only?

The original post states "SampleTank sounds only" so you are good to go. You don't need to export each track using Cubase, by the way - SampleTank is a 16-part multi-out plugin FYI :) But you can, your workflow is your workflow of course.

Cool. I hope I can make the deadline. 16 outs are useless when you have a timed out demo with only a 4 note limit without bouncing each track 1 by one.

Last edited:
yo...but what happens if i buy a expansion tank FOR the battle, but WIN the battle?

(assuming i win, that is...)

well, i don't really consider it "resampling"...because i'm going S/PDIF out of my PC to S/PDIF in the sampler...

then from the sample Sandisk Compact Flash into Reason 4.

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

if i did choose to use Reaper, could i use Reaper's EFFECTS?

can anybody in the battle use the host's EFFECTS?

of is it SampleTank SOUNDS & EFFECTS only?

I notice that Peter isn't on line at present so in the spirit of trying to keep the battle going....

In a response to 901 on page 1 of this thread with regard to using external effects he commented: "SampleTank only since it is 16-channel with some bad-ass FX".

He may have relaxed that requirement now but .....

Wow! My upload failed. Guess I will use what I normally use.

---------- Post added at 03:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 AM ----------

Here it is. Demo Sampletank sounds and fx only. It's even uncompressed. Crank the volume up. lol

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,18,0" width="325" height="28" id="divmp3"><param name="movie" value="http://www.divshare.com/flash/playlist?myId=11282558-5e1" /><embed src="http://www.divshare.com/flash/playlist?myId=11282558-5e1" width="325" height="28" name="divmp3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed></object>

Yeh!! That's two of us so the competition is on.

Cool that Sampletank has now done two completely different genre. Difficult to know it was done using the same tool huh??

Still. Nice one.

i'll be entering in the next one of these...

downloading the IK 1GB .zip files is taking a lot longer than i thought it would...

Thanks.

Jonesboy said he was contributing and it looks like F_or_DEAF is in to it as well. So we might have 4 of us in.

I guess we need input from Peter now as to the mechanism we use to vote.

Jonesboy said he was contributing and it looks like F_or_DEAF is in to it as well. So we might have 4 of us in

i would get in it, but i'm running out of time...

my downloads ain't gonna be done in the next 15 minutes...and at the moment EDT, it's almost 11:45 pm...

:banghead:

3094z81.jpg

Back