SampleTank BATTLE - With a prize!

Who should move on to the final battle? Top two will battle it out for the prize!

• Fardoob

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • 901_Rice_Street

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • [F_or_DEAF]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Peter - IK Multimedi

IK Multimedia Rep
IK Multimedia will give one Group Buy serial to the winner of this SampleTank battle. This is not just a beat battle - bring something using only SampleTank sounds. You can get the demo if you don't have it, or you can use a bunch of Xpansion Tanks. Bring full songs, or crazy beats, or anything between.

Use FP attachments so everybody has the same experience listening (as per the suggestions sticky thread).

The initial round will run for one week, so get your entries in before the end of day (midnight EST) 5/5/2010. At that point we'll vote until Monday, May 10th 2010 and advance the top two into a battle for the prize. They will need to come up with a final SampleTank-only piece to win the prize. The top two will have one week from then (end of day 5/17/2010) to finish and we'll have another vote which will run until the end date of 5/24/2010. This will give the winner ample time (one week) to register, choose, and download what will likely be at least 5 or 6 Xpansion Tanks before the Group Buy ends 5/31/2010.

For more details about the new Xpansion Tanks and Group Buy, visit https://www.ikmultimedia.com/xtgroupbuy

We must have at least two entries to have the ability to choose a winner and give a serial.

Good luck!

---------- Post added 04-29-2010 at 06:53 AM ---------- Previous post was 04-28-2010 at 08:20 AM ----------

Anybody working on anything yet? Can't wait to see the battle rage on!

Questions

1. Are you judging or is it a who gets the most votes thing?

2. Can we use fx's outside of Sampletank?

3. Is this the page we upload in?

i'm interested in this battle...it'll give me a better perspective on the type of creative sound potential & expressiveness that sampletank has...

i'm still on the fence about IK Multimedia vs. Native Instruments when it comes to sound selection...

Why are you limited to 4 notes?

I downloaded the demo last year. After 10 days it is limited to four notes. I actually worked on something quick and tracked the sounds out. Finish it tomorrow. Never messed with the effects on it before. Chorus is very impressive. My problem with sampletank is the words are too small on it, hard to read. Love the piano.

Excellent Idea

I'm in for this too.

100% Sampletank coming in a day or so .....

---------- Post added 05-04-2010 at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was 05-02-2010 at 03:05 PM ----------

Entry won't upload...

Hi Folks.

I've tried to attach my file but I get a "upload of file failed" message in the Manage Attachments dialogue box. It's an MP3 and is 4 MB big so it fits within the 6MB maximum. My User profile allows for posting of attachments as well so I am stumped. A pity because I was looking forward to this Battle.

Anyone else had this problem and how did you fix it?

Cheers

---------- Post added 05-05-2010 at 04:08 AM ---------- Previous post was 05-04-2010 at 07:42 PM ----------

UPLOAD PROBLEM - STOP PRESS
======================

The Information desk at FP have apologised and reported that the upload function is currently broken and they are working in fixing it.

@Peter: Do you have a preferred alternative site for the upload or do we need to move the ddeadline until the problem is fixed.

Cheers

@OBI: i hoped that was the case but the tech team at FP have told me that the thing is broken and doesn't work for anyone. Here is the quote from their email: "Sorry but this function is currently broken. We are working to fix it." Are you sure? If so we can let them know.

@Peter: Assuming OBI is right we know what to do. If not then Soundcloud is fine for me.

---------- Post added at 03:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

OK. I now have 27 posts and still can't upload files. So it's not the number of posts hurdle that is stopping me. Looks like its the problem with upload fault that the FP tech team reported.

Anyway, heres a link to my entry to the BATTLE on myspace: http://www.myspace.com/fardoob

It's also in Soundcloud here: www.soundcloud.com/fardoob/ikappara.

The song is 100% Sampletank with the exception of midi providing note data. Although I could have used fading with the Sampltank Midi control I didn't need it. No FX from anywhere else other than Sampletank. Equalisation set within Sampletank only. No loops anywhere - every note is hand crafted.

It starts with a rather clanky acoustic guitar - illustrating that it can sound like a (perhaps beginner) human playing rather than a computer. It then moves on to the main theme which in parts is very loosely based on the theme to the TV show Apparitions.

@Peter: Where to from here buddy?

Last edited:
Sorry for the mistake, yeah looks like we'll have to use 3rd party hosting for it then.

No Worries. It was good to get out there and critique others work from mutiple genres. Hopefully they will get back to me now and critique my stuff. According to one guy I have already heard from it looks as if my rig is balanced incorrectly on the bass end so my mixes come out bass heavy. I wouldn't mind some confirmation of that through other rigs as well because it will help in future mixes.

Back