Youtube and Timberlake's first signing.....guessed who it is?

J

JeanLukPigheart

so we had a thread about a young dutch singer Esmeralda Denters some months ago. she posted her webcam karaoke songs on Youtube and grew a huge fanbase since she started posting videos a couple of months ago.

many hated on her and replied that there are thousands of equally or even more talented girls, bla bla bla, who simply don't bother to post videos and so on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69Grnh7Qin8

so who did Justin Timberlake sign to his new label Tennman Records?
one of those thousands of girls who are better but don't do anything to show it?

no, you guessed it, he signed HER.

so for all those of you who rely on others or even want to pay for being listened to or even noticed, take her as an example.

get your music out there, use the INTERNET as a plattform and first and foremost: do YOUR thing. :cheers:

nothing is impossible and the things you consider impossible are easy to achieve these days - all the best.

(oh an I'm always up for some collabos, just PM me and show me what you got)

She's not bad, she aiight. Sure there are better singers, but that's pretty cool to get signed of YouTube I must say myself. Better her than one of these wack ass rappers.

^^^I was one of those "posters/haters" and still stand by what I said. Her youtube isn't the only thing that got her signed, she's been doing way more(including paying out of her/parents pocket for pro producers, shopping pro demos to labels, and making T.V. appearances), and is still just an aiight singer. I said before and will say again, if youtube, myspace, the net period is your only hustle, you have nothing to show for it but a few page hits.

But for those of you who want to dream, keep thinking youtube was all that got her signed.

She is cute and she sings like a Black chick (but without the harsh gospel crap), that's all always a winning combination. Look at JoJo, NYSYNC, Backstreet Boyz, Aguilera. They were all white girls who studied Black singers till they got it down.

Anyway, this just means more hits from Danja/Timbo + Clutch (I love you Keri Hilson)

http://www.myspace.com/esmeedenters

I like her. She will be marketable too.

Let's see what comes from this...

I wonder how they did it, she being in the Netherlands and Justin/his label in the States, did they discover her and then say, hey, let's email her, we want to sign her?
And then they just flew her in? Hmmm.... someone know?

Last edited:
Howard Stern said:
Look at JoJo, NYSYNC, Backstreet Boyz, Aguilera. They were all white girls who studied Black singers till they got it down.

Am I the only one who caught that? lmao

xplicityoungin said:
Am I the only one who caught that? lmao

nah, you just posted after two other people, not 20.

range said:
has more *natural* talent than most R&B singers today...

I'm thinking you're referring to Auto-Tune-Pain.

yeah i don't think her voice is amazing. i've heard many people that have just as good or better voices and these are people who i know not just on a record.

also i agree she didn't just get signed off youtube. she's been doing tv appearances, shopping demos, etc. from the surface it looks like all she did was do videos on youtube.

i would've doubted her ever being signed purely because she did videos on youtube of her singing other people's songs.

she started doing videos on Youtube, which resulted in the huge fanbase. from there, she was invited to tv programms, which resulted in more promotion, demos, etc

so she got the interest she gets now BECAUSE of those videos.

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN the ppl who say she is not a good singer is on some CRACK!!! i mean she sounds like Christina just not as sexy but close to it, and most of that u tube **** is her LIVE not a real recording mean it was one take, now HOW many singers u know especially NOW that can do that? sing REALLY GOOD live? wow u guys have such HIGH expectations its unreal. yall need to get ur heads out ur ass and STOP judging music on ur BIAS which is like rule 101 in any art form. ima holla at her and see what can happen.

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN the ppl who say she is not a good singer is on some CRACK!!! i mean she sounds like Christina just not as sexy but close to it, and most of that u tube **** is her LIVE not a real recording mean it was one take, now HOW many singers u know especially NOW that can do that? sing REALLY GOOD live? wow u guys have such HIGH expectations its unreal. yall need to get ur heads out ur ass and STOP judging music on ur BIAS which is like rule 101 in any art form. ima holla at her and see what can happen.

Last edited:
why do people gotta hate on her ? " yeah there are better out there" , actually there arent . shes one of the best singers ive heard in a while. shes real good, and im not easily impressed, finally someone that can seing real good without being fat

Ladies and Gentlemen... meet the new Cassie lol. Nah, just kidding, she is not bad, but the only way she's gonna pull it off is if JT and Timbo put her through vocal/performance bootcamp for real, lock her down for about a year, and then like put her on remixes and guest spots, mixtapes, the like. She is not bad, not reall special, but then we haven't truly seen or heard what she may have to offer. I don't think Justin would have wasted time signing her if he didn't think she was worth the investment; looks and Youtube aren't the only reasons she got in, it was her grind. Yeah, there might be those out there that are better, or prettier or even more talented, but who wants to work with an assclown that isn't willing to put in the grind and sweat when you can work and mold someone who willing to work with you to get to that point. Me personally, i am curious to see what she she could do.

Last edited:
no she dosent need boot camp did u not hear her sing?
Was she off ? : no
was her voice bad? : no
dose she have range? : yes
can she sing live with and with out doing all the above? : yes and no

so WHY would she need boot camp? why is she bad? id like someone to ACTUALY explain why she is bad or not that great cos ive hear alot of singers live and on recording and she sounds better then alot of these acts and remember she can actualy sing LIVE without ****ing up

I only said she needs boot camp simply because she needs to polish her skill; it's no different when pro ballers go to traingin camp to get ready for the upcoming season. No, she doesn't sound bad, but if you want to make good on your investment, you want her to sound great. I am not knocking her at all, I want her and others like her to follow and succeed in their dreams. i am just being real, that's all.

She tried out for the Dutch version of POPSTARS: THE RIVALS, but the judges said she needed to get steppin'. She started posting covers on youtube, made sure she had lots of youtube-friends, that way she would get a lot of views, thus landing her on the main page. She then did the same through myspace.

She does have a good voice, but I feel it lacks SOUL. But I'm not hating on her, she has mass-market appeal and will be big. She's opening for Justin Timberlake today in the Amsterdam Arena (50,000+ people), more power to Esmee :)

JimbaFrosty said:
MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN the ppl who say she is not a good singer is on some CRACK!!! i mean she sounds like Christina just not as sexy but close to it,

While I think she's a nice, good singer and has a good look, she's not even close to Christina. CA would wipe the floor with her, flip her over, and continue wiping. Again, the girl is good, but Christina is one of the best voices of her generation, and one of the better singers over the last 10 or 15 years (just don't go back too much farther than that, lol).
Peace

Back