Is Young Chop Better Than Lex Luger?

yung loft

I have been listening to a lot of beats by young chop and watching a lot of his stuff online and I think he has surpassed lex luger with his skills imo

what do you guys think?

Doesn't matter when he's a Lex knockoff. I haven't heard enough of his stuff to go beyond tat in the discussion, but there's been similar discussions on Lodi and Southside. Southside runs with Lex, so that's different, but Chop developed an entire style around what Lex made trendy(not trying to go into where it originated).

That's like a discussion on if Streetrunner is better than Just Blaze or Kanye.

Neither one was/is ever better than Zaytoven. Those two dudes just have dope beats....their beats don't send you into an imaginary world.

Real trap shit. Them other two dudes kinda weak. Zay is over 9000!!!!!!

I think they both make great tracks. To me personally it dosent matter if Young Chop is running with Lex's style. Lex is running with someone elses style. No one is completely original.

Doesn't matter when he's a Lex knockoff. I haven't heard enough of his stuff to go beyond tat in the discussion, but there's been similar discussions on Lodi and Southside. Southside runs with Lex, so that's different, but Chop developed an entire style around what Lex made trendy(not trying to go into where it originated).

That's like a discussion on if Streetrunner is better than Just Blaze or Kanye.

hahahaha love the street runner comparison.... 2 funny..... 808 mafia has a sound.....Young chop has a sound.... A lot of people bit lex.... But personally I think Lex bit Boi-1da...

Every beat I've heard from Young Chop has been better than anything Lex has done. Maybe with the exception of Round of Applause.

While yall joking.......I already posted some MTV Gen trap shit. Even some EDM trap shit from 2001 - 2002. Everybody late. And yall damn sure don't want me to mess around one day and find my cassette tape beats of Lex Luger type trap beats (no joke). I brought trap music to ATL. Niggas were making booty music and trying to be political and be them Miami niggas. I promise you......I had niggas like "man this shit sound better than No Limit's shit".

I know for a fact somebody grabbed my tapes when my ride got towed and gave it to some nigga on some "aye man...check these beats out".......and some how everybody were getting their Christmasy yet sinister beat making on....( before a mouse or a joystick was click and pushed.)

See man.....yall don't know about having to slow a beat down into a dimension of thinking of it two times slower as you create it just to get it to sound how you want when you speed it back up to normal. I was on some of that shit back in the days. You don't have to do that........you just click dots. I was a little genius in a "don't know what the hell I'm doing" type of way.

I don't care if yall don't believe me.......I know the truth. I birth trap music....no lie.

I'm on the next level shit right now. I see the future.

Real talk........I rapped like Andre 3000 before he did. I freestyled like that...that robot shit. Kendrick Lamar shit......yall fascinated by a style I birth...no bullshit. That Camp Lo shit before CampLo. While dudes were trying to be Rakim I was past that phase in hip hop.....been there done that. This was my rap style in 89.....but more energy....more RAAAAAAAH RAAAAAAAAAH on these fuuck boy rappers man...

So yeah......I birth Kendrick Lamar style.....he owe me....and he doesn't impress me using my shit either.

Done man....glad I got that shit off my chest. I'm on some 2022 shit right now. I'll be damn if I post that shit on the internet with yall EDM infested folks man......turn my shit into a documentary.

IDGAF no more I can't take being quiet about all of this shit no more...you don't believe I don't care.

Back on topic.............Only reason yall like Young Chop and Lex.........bandwagon.......some "who next to blow" type dudes. Man.......they ain't fuucking with

I damn near want to say this is the hardest trap beat ever created.....damn near.

Last edited:
everybody should be paying Lex Luger royalties in the last 2 years.. and he should pay Shawty Redd....

Well. . .since you asked. . .
:rolleyes:

Ok that beat is crazy, but I myself wouldn't consider that trap....It has some nuances of a trap beat, but I think that's more one of those aggressive Drake beats than a trap joint. It's probably a 2:1 ratio of mellow to aggressive sections in that beat

Ok that beat is crazy, but I myself wouldn't consider that trap....It has some nuances of a trap beat, but I think that's more one of those aggressive Drake beats than a trap joint. It's probably a 2:1 ratio of mellow to aggressive sections in that beat

Isnt that growth and evolution of a "sound/genre within a genre" is tho?

Back