Yo bumrush the show OR it takes a nation...

alphawolf

Banned
which album is better in your opinion?

Public enemy - Yo bumrush the show

OR

Public enemy - it takes a nation of millions to hold us back

I like yo bumrush better because it has public enemy nr. 1 ... You can still play this track and the crowd goes nuts... can't say the same about the tracks on it takes a nation...

I pick Yo BumRush the Show...

... the Neptunes used that Public Enemy No. 1 drum pattern on

Shake Ya Ass
Busta - What it is
Danger

and about 3 other songs before people began to realize that they were dancing to the same song.

it takes a nation of millions to hold us back.

Close call, but I like this one better.

Some cats don't even know PE had an album before It Takes A Nation. Bum Rush was primarily boom bap beats with some Rick Rubin rock guitar thrown in here and there. It showcased PE's potential but they didn't come into their own until It Takes A Nation. Nation was THE album that defined the revolutionary Bomb Squad production. It was created in the era where people didn't have to clear samples, so, like Beastie Boys' Licensed To Ill or EPMD's Strictly Business, you could get away with sampling stuff you would never be able to clear today. Add to that Chuck D was absolutely fierce on the mic.

Fear of A Black Planet and Apocalypse '91 weren't bad either.

Some cats don't even know PE had an album before It Takes A Nation. Bum Rush was primarily boom bap beats with some Rick Rubin rock guitar thrown in here and there. It showcased PE's potential but they didn't come into their own until It Takes A Nation. Nation was THE album that defined the revolutionary Bomb Squad production. It was created in the era where people didn't have to clear samples, so, like Beastie Boys' Licensed To Ill or EPMD's Strictly Business, you could get away with sampling stuff you would never be able to clear today. Add to that Chuck D was absolutely fierce on the mic.

Fear of A Black Planet and Apocalypse '91 weren't bad either.

nice comment but that is not what the tread is about

whats your favorite ?

bumrush or nations of millons ?
and why?

Last edited:
it takes a nation....

i say this because of basically every reason dstylee stated.....they really came into their own on this album and Chuck D was a beast

Bigrome oh my gawd you are crazy You got me in tears: lol lmao

"the Neptunes used that Public Enemy No. 1 drum pattern on

Shake Ya Ass
Busta - What it is
Danger

and about 3 other songs before people began to realize that they were dancing to the same song."

You said and about 3 other songs before people began to realize that they were dancing to the same song lol that's super duper funny lol oh my gawd i can't stop laughing oh my gawd lol a classic !!! ctfu

My 98 Oldsmobile
My Uzi Weighs a Ton
Public Enemy Number One

I used to drive fast as hell when 98 Oldsmobile used to play in my Mom's whip. If she could've seen me, she would've never let me hold the car again.

I still don't think there has ever been a song that has been played more that "Rebel without a Pause". All over the city you heard this little noise coming out of all of the cars and thought... these people should get their cars fixed. My friend from NJ called me and said "Man, I heard this little noise coming out of everybody's car and was like what the hell is that noise? It's everywhere."

A villian behind bars or should I say real rock from the rock.... PE was the shyt!

Back