Y'all act like Scott Storch produced Still D.R.E

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuildingBlocks

Scott Storch only CO-PLAYED the keyboards, lol. Across the net people act like he should have got credit for the track. Dude ain't really do ****. Yeah, he did the keyboards, but he didnt even do those alone. He CO-PLAYED them, I cant remeber the name of the other co-player. Besides, take those keyboards and give them to another producer, you wouldnt have got the same bounce on still dre. Dre made that sh!t work.
F*ck outta here with that "storch should have got credit" ****. That track was produced by Dre.

storch "co-played"

dre "co-drummed"

and jay-z "singlehandedly wrote" the song.

your point is?

Last edited:
Dre brought everything together. He PRODUCED the tracks. He decided what would work and what would not work.

And who said Jay Z wrote the track?

Last edited:
Well the piano is actually a sample he just replayed the damn thing. (If that means anything to anyone)

doesnt matter...the producer is dre..
you can have a bunch of musicians in a room, tell them wat to do, and not actually play or sequence anything.. YET U CAN STILL BE THE PRODUCER...

BuildingBlocks said:
And who said Jay Z wrote the track?

The album liner notes itself. Shawn Carter= Jay-Z's govt name

And a producer can be somewhat like a platoon leader... he's got his guys on different weapons (instruments) and coordinates his troops together and where and when they get used... so you see how even P.Diddy can get producer credit (sayin "do this do that")

Last edited:
All I know is...Dre's beats have sounded like they're missing something since Storch left his side!

@Mr. building blocks...Human mind, when comes to songs, captures melodies. When you are whisstling that song, you are whistling lyrics or the chords. The other person was Mike Elizondo. And if you knwo the story behind the creation of the track, ther are staccato strings, piano, harps, and guitar. Mike elizondo played the guitar, they recorded it and blended it with the track. He did not play the keyboard at all. Scott Storch gets credited for it because he came up with the elemnt that made the song famous. but then again if the tracking, mixing and mastering engineers did not shape it it would reach the cult song level that is occupies now.

If you go deep into music history at begining of 1970 you got singer-songwriter era start. Before that there was a formula. Motown, now Nashville, its all a huge project. that is why Dre is not droping off the top. He surrounded himself with the best. Storch, Elizondo and lots of others. It gives a song unique direction. If Dre played, wrote and rapped during the entire song it wouldnt be great.

Why did this topic randomly come up? It's crazy how we still debate stuff about a beat thats like 8 years old. Testament to Dre's prowess for real.

MintyFreshBeats said:
Why did this topic randomly come up? It's crazy how we still debate stuff about a beat thats like 8 years old. Testament to Dre's prowess for real.

lol im sittin here ponderin like...uhh....did dre come out wit somefin new??
LOL u is right though, this joint is maad old. Why are we talking about this again?

Tekk said:
lol im sittin here ponderin like...uhh....did dre come out wit somefin new??
LOL u is right though, this joint is maad old. Why are we talking about this again?

Cause kids these days can say they into old school cause they know about Still Dre...

this is something i wrote in another thread earlier in the week: https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187517&page=2&highlight=camara

Jersey8five6 said:
in the last year, this "ghost producer" **** has gotten out of hand. yes, there are times when people straight up STEAL a beat from the real beatmaker.

but by saying that "Dre's team has been out the closet for years," your making it seem as if they didn't start getting their credit until they "exposed" dre. i have to disagree, if u look as far back as dre's been using musicians, he's always given credit where credit is due. no more, no less. some people tend to exaggerate his musicians worth, for example, when scott storch said that he came up with the riff on Still DRE, that's all he said. then people who confuse that with "making a beat" started saying, "Storch produced Still DRE!"

then somehow, now i see people saying that Storch produced most of Chronic 2001 & Dre took all the credit... i have no idea where this came from. if u check the credtis on Chronic 2001, storch only played Keys on 7 out of 22 tracks! and out of that 7, about 5 or 6 of these tracks, including Still DRE, had another Keyboardist named Camara Kambon played alongside Storch. how come people forget to name Camara Kambon when they claim that Storch did the whole Chronic 2001? he appeared on almost every track on the album.

i think we are the ones to blame for "not giving enough credit," and also "giving too much credit" to certain individuals, because 9 out of 10 times, everybody is given the credit they deserved. but since most people these days download the albums instead of buying them, i guess they just can't seem to get their hands on the liner notes....

and yes, there are times when people aren't given the credit they deserve, like when Mahogany produced "It's Alright" for Jay Z, his name was nowhere to be found in the credits. now he's rollin with Dr. Dre, and guess what, his name appears in the credits!

P.S.: i wasn't dissing anyone on this board, so don't try to get at me.

Well to brighten up the conversation, Mark Batson has been doing keys for him. He recently produced Dave Matthews Band last album and Anthony Hamilton's first tracks. Regardless of what you do, Dre is going to pave that million dollar road for you. If it weren't for Dre, Scott would've had to work a million times harder to be noticed for his pitch shifting strings and the same stab instruments he uses. Dre is still a genius, even if he isn't playing anything. He understands the business.

Dre is a great 'producer' he can smell talent on a person. He produces YOU the beatmaker.

*sigh* .....

Why are ya'll arguing over kid shyt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back