Wu-Tang to release only ONE COPY of secret new album

This is probaply gonna cost hundres if not thousands of dollars, and therefore they MUST deliver high quality ish for that price

Im a bit sceptical that they can achieve that

Last edited:
I get what they're trying to do here. But, they expect people to pay $30-50 for a one-time listen on the magic box's "tour", and then not hear it again? This is where music and paintings differ. Seeing the Mona Lisa once is great, and then you can get a print, or see it online or in a book, if it even means that much to you. But music is something you want to experience repeatedly. You make lyrics and musical vibes part of your personal ideas.

Aside from the fact that it will be leaked anyway, which they admit will crush the entire purpose of the exercise, it's ass-backwards logic IF their plan actually succeeds. I guess they make their millions on the auction, but if they're also talking about returning music to a purer artistic form, what's the point if no one else hears it? What's the point of having 1 fan of an album? How many real Wu fans will even be in the discussion of buying it? I bet another musician gets it.

That said, it seems like a money-grab stunt type of thing, to me. Can't wait to hear it tho.

Last edited:
I think it would be funny if it were to leak to the web a week before the sale was negotiated. I don't dislike Wu Tang but this is ridiculous.

it like owning a million dollar art piece
if the owner of this leaks it he/she only dis-values his/her purchase

-Coach Antonio/Saint Antonio

it like owning a million dollar art piece
if the owner of this leaks it he/she only dis-values his/her purchase

-Coach Antonio/Saint Antonio

but they want to listen to it, most likely to preserve the disc they rip it to mp3 and put it on their phone as well as store it on their laptop...either of those get hacked, stolen or someone simply slips it on a flash drive then it is all over unintentionally.

Well that will make it easy to figure out who put it on the pirate bay
Haha, exactly. I don't think the buyer is gonna be leaking anything.

This is a good idea for them tho. It's not something that most artists could do because people wouldn't care enough, but Wu-Tang is WU-TANG so they can make crazy stunts like this work. I can feel the hype already.

I dont know, I respect Wu Tang but this just feels like a cheap way to make people talk about them. If I where to own the only copy of that album, it better be some top-notch innovative ish, and I just dont think it will be something special.

Last edited:
They say they do this to make people view music as art but to me it seems like its doing the exact oposite. Art is supposed to be experienced not just be locked away somewhere so people cant apreciate it, to me that contradicts the purpose of art.
What i think they should do is just make one physical copy of the album, but still release all the songs digitaly for the public. The phsycial copy would still be a desired collectible that some rich dude would propably pay lots of cash for. I mean if it was a dope album and i was rich i'd probably buy it

Could be wrong...but from what I gather, The album was recorded, no label wanted to give them what they wanted for it, so they're going to sell it to the highest bidder who will more than likely buy it with the intension of selling it no differently than a label would. Unless it's bought by some rich collector who keeps it for himself because the money doesn't matter to him, i'm sure this album will make it to store shelves and itunes before it's over with.

Back