Wtf kanye!

You're trying to say these three beats are better than Diamonds From Sierra Leone? gtfo

Kanye is a legend but that is like apples to oranges.

Idk how anyone can even say this stuff is sick.

Not just this stuff, all of the 90's boom bap. Maybe it's because I wasn't alive for it but damn it all sounds the same. Like this is just like the same stuff I hear everytime I listen to some 90's song on here.

fuuuuck diamonds from sierra leone. and this cant be life suuuuucked. maybe it was just jay on it but it sounded way more amateur then these beats. Like some kind of half-ass half baked attempt too be emo. Poppa was a playa was good but these ones i like a lot more. I love that gritty shitty equipment sound that early 90's had.

And wedge you nuts man. Why u even in the hip hop/rap forums if you cant respect the 90's take your pill popping bubble gum one-key melody[z] outta here.

fuuuuck diamonds from sierra leone. and this cant be life suuuuucked. maybe it was just jay on it but it sounded way more amateur then these beats. Like some kind of half-ass half baked attempt too be emo. Poppa was a playa was good but these ones i like a lot more. I love that gritty shitty equipment sound that early 90's had.

And wedge you nuts man. Why u even in the hip hop/rap forums if you cant respect the 90's take your pill popping bubble gum one-key melody[z] outta here.

haha agree man...foreal, ive had it with ppl thinking this fake drum, simple melody, no soul, music is the sound of the culture. these beats are waaaaay better then that homo bull that kanye puts out nowadays. Lets get back to the essence of the genre and start appreciating the true boom bap hip hop that everyone once loved.

ppl say hip hop changed and all this bs...n this is the exact reason that i love j dilla. He somewhat changed the sound of boom bap hip hop while still keeping the boom bap feel. Theres no producer like him, not even kanye west.

everyone acts like these glorified producers are the greats, get off there D'icks and start appreciating and recognizing true hip hop and records that are made from the soul rather then just to make money...appreciate the culture again.

Not just this stuff, all of the 90's boom bap. Maybe it's because I wasn't alive for it but damn it all sounds the same. Like this is just like the same stuff I hear everytime I listen to some 90's song on here.
whats funny about that is I feel the same way about Trap beats lol. I think it is an era you have to learn to appriciate if you weren't apart of it. I still feel those beats more than anything out right now.

madlib and j dilla created a whole new style to compete with boom boom bap.

they got the deh deh deh deh duh kind of drums i love it.

and they incorporated they cymbals a lot more!

Last edited by a moderator:
haha agree man...foreal, ive had it with ppl thinking this fake drum, simple melody, no soul, music is the sound of the culture. these beats are waaaaay better then that homo bull that kanye puts out nowadays. Lets get back to the essence of the genre and start appreciating the true boom bap hip hop that everyone once loved.

ppl say hip hop changed and all this bs...n this is the exact reason that i love j dilla. He somewhat changed the sound of boom bap hip hop while still keeping the boom bap feel. Theres no producer like him, not even kanye west.

everyone acts like these glorified producers are the greats, get off there D'icks and start appreciating and recognizing true hip hop and records that are made from the soul rather then just to make money...appreciate the culture again.
I love it when people say lets take it back to where hip hop started and then say boom bap lol. Boom bap was really a 90s thing and not all 90s hip hop was boom bap.

yeah i don't care if they take it back to the 90's i want to see it evolve into different styles but still have that created ingenuity. I could care less if the mainstream became better.

maybe its my ego but i feel a sense of elitism when i show peeps these crazy underground songs while they getting high off of taylor swift and drake's collaboration or lady gaga's and waka flocka's mix.

o good god... no no man and you gotta remember bro there wasnt so much emphasis on beats as now because before there were actually quality emcees who you wanted to hear and focus on there every bar as opposed to focusing on when the beat was going to switch up. you young dudes dont have a strong enough emphasis on lyrics anymore do your homework :cheers:

Last edited:

Because It's All About Transitions In Time, If you liked the Sugar Hill gang & Run DMC, you were amazed when you heard Rakim, If you liked Heavy D & Slick Rick, you were amazed when you heard Nas and as Im typing this i realize we seem to be going backwards now:D

those beats are nice i like 90s boom bap...
but things change
his beats in the 2000's are way better his sampling game just went crazy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nccJQwWe0jM - they say
(listen to the original ahmed jamal sample then this beat, rediculous sampling)

the game dreams https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcWjtvwbkoE

nas still dreaming https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KZqwuybR1I

spaceship https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rW3-z3_0t4E (beautiful sample)

never change https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1CYhox2-jE

life we chose https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY3cm-YY17E&feature=related

lol theirs no way people just went dogshit on wedge 2 for having a opinion I agree with him this shit is boring as f*ck I couldnt imagine listening to an album with the same boom bap drums and bassline. Sierra Leone was the shit to thats where we differ

---------- Post added at 02:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 AM ----------

those beats are nice i like 90s boom bap...
but things change
his beats in the 2000's are way better his sampling game just went crazy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nccJQwWe0jM - they say
(listen to the original ahmed jamal sample then this beat, rediculous sampling)

the game dreams https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcWjtvwbkoE

nas still dreaming https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KZqwuybR1I

spaceship https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rW3-z3_0t4E (beautiful sample)

never change https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1CYhox2-jE

life we chose https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY3cm-YY17E&feature=related
all those samples was fire

90% Boombap enthusiasts can never seem to help but to come across as arrogant, self-righteous and bitter that the sound is no longer popular.

And don't try to call me no one finger melody beatmaker either.

The 90's gritty sound is no longer where it is at and it will probably never come back again. I'm willing to bet thats a fact.

If a rapper came from the soul on a "trap" beat, you'd probably still hate the song simply because it was on a "trap" beat.

I don't hate boombap, but jeezis some o yall (not all o yall) need to get over it. The 90s ended a decade ago.

This is not a knock on the OP for this thread, just on some of the unjustified arrogance going on.

Last time I checked 9th wonder, khrysis, Marco polo, ayatollah, true master, primo, Pete, dj muggs, are all still making great "boom bap" music. Underground hip hop will always be soulful boom bap material. Reguardless if u think "it will never come back", it never went away n never will, cuz true underground hip hop will always be here.

Who's to say that just cuz most ppl follow trends and make music simply for the money and popularity that all ppl will. There will always be ppl out there that love and appreciate boom bap music, to the point where they won't sell out to make "trap" music.

As ignorant as u may think us boom bap heads are, the ppl who like that industry, commercial, "trap" music, are equally if not even more lost as to what making music from your soul truly is. You should be making music from the heart, not to follow trends...just my personal opinion.

Last time I checked 9th wonder, khrysis, Marco polo, ayatollah, true master, primo, Pete, dj muggs, are all still making great "boom bap" music. Underground hip hop will always be soulful boom bap material. Reguardless if u think "it will never come back", it never went away n never will, cuz true underground hip hop will always be here.

As ignorant as u may think us boom bap heads are, the ppl who like that industry, commercial, "trap" music, are equally if not even more lost as to what making music from your soul truly is. You should be making music from the heart, not to follow trends...just my personal opinion.

Never said that Boom Bap was dead. Never called you or any other boom bap head 'ignorant' either. I said the majority of yall always come across as unjustifiably 'arrogant' about how superior the sound is.

Who's to say that just cuz most ppl follow trends and make music simply for the money and popularity that all ppl will. There will always be ppl out there that love and appreciate boom bap music, to the point where they won't sell out to make "trap" music.
Had to double quote you because now you just sound like a damned hypocrite. You make it sound as if the ONLY people capable of making music for the love of it and not money or to be trendy are boom bap heads. Fuk them dudes that make trap beats, because they HAVE to be doing for some shallow reason and not because its what they love to make, right? Maybe "the ppl who like that industry, commercial, "trap" music" aren't lost, maybe they just like it.

Your stance on the topic holds no water. So please step off of that long legged horse you've been sitting on.

Never said that Boom Bap was dead. Never called you or any other boom bap head 'ignorant' either. I said the majority of yall always come across as unjustifiably 'arrogant' about how superior the sound is.

Had to double quote you because now you just sound like a damned hypocrite. You make it sound as if the ONLY people capable of making music for the love of it and not money or to be trendy are boom bap heads. Fuk them dudes that make trap beats, because they HAVE to be doing for some shallow reason and not because its what they love to make, right? Maybe "the ppl who like that industry, commercial, "trap" music" aren't lost, maybe they just like it.

Your stance on the topic holds no water. So please step off of that long legged horse you've been sitting on.

my apologies for Quoting you wrong, that's Sincere...

And in all honestly, my intentions are not to come across as Arrogant or hypocritical. I respect ppl's opinions on music, cuz when it comes down to it music is universal, so to each his own...

That being said, u could also make the same argument about those who appose the old school, boom bap feel. Most think that the sound is played out or out dated, which is simply not true. There's still plenty of great "boom bap" music out there.

I love all kinds of music, and respect ppl's opinions. Each person has a different view when it comes to music, that's The beauty of it.

Last edited:
4 real though. On top of Isk's points, I'd like to propose some groundbreaking shit real quick...

... Okay, so we understand (even though some of you think it's coming back) that "Boom Bap" was an early 90s trend. Hopefully we understand that it's 2010... so instead of always complaining that we need to go BACK in time to that era (also ignoring the 80s and late 90s movements, as well as other subgenres born in the early 90s [gangsta rap, that West Coast sound I personally love]), how about making moves to INCORPORATE Boom Bap into new subgenres of rap for the FUTURE???

Cuz yall damn well know most of today's music FANS don't give 2 shits about the Boom Bap WE like... dead serious real talk.

Also... curiosity... for the ones claiming Boom Bap, do ANY of yall bump De La Soul? Tribe? etc...

Talk to me maaan...

Back